Green Check? Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

lookitsroadie

Trusted Member
May 30, 2012
www.last.fm
This is the thing that pisses me off, it's that people like me who went through CTI school don't get a chance and the people with no CTI or ATC experience get that chance before people like me. I'm not hating on any of you for proceeding to the next phase, I'm just saying that the system is fucked up right now. And I don't want to hear the age old saying that "Just because you're CTI means you get special treatment huh?" No, that's not what I think, all I am saying is that if I did what the FAA asked me to do at the time for a chance at proving my aptitude and I exceeded those expectations, I firmly believe that I should've been able to get a chance at OKC.

CTI Grad '14
NASA En-route exp
ATSAT 93.6 (Before hiring changes)
FAA ADX Flight Dispatcher Cert
Car Rental Airport Manager Experience
Sorry for your loss. Get well soon.

mturnbeaugh

Jun 19, 2015
Anaheim, CA
true, it may seem unfair, but there are other aviation opportunities to hold you over until you get picked up. theres not a lot of time for us old guys so we're not taking it lightly. on the other hand, take any aviation job you can get until you get called up. im looking at operations and airfield management until i get picked up. the more you know, the better off youre going to be.

SuperMario

Apr 10, 2012
true, it may seem unfair, but there are other aviation opportunities to hold you over until you get picked up. theres not a lot of time for us old guys so we're not taking it lightly. on the other hand, take any aviation job you can get until you get called up. im looking at operations and airfield management until i get picked up. the more you know, the better off youre going to be.
Thanks for that advice, I've looked into some of those jobs and the requirements and experience are definitely heavy, but hopefully something will stick.

mturnbeaugh

Jun 19, 2015
Anaheim, CA
yes, but you dont know until you try. you can get experience anywhere, all you have to do is bug enough for an internship. Paid or unpaid, its still experience that can help you on a resume. the pos. im looking at is 2 hours away from me, but you cant win what you dont put in the middle. ya kno?

SuperMario

Apr 10, 2012
yes, but you dont know until you try. you can get experience anywhere, all you have to do is bug enough for an internship. Paid or unpaid, its still experience that can help you on a resume. the pos. im looking at is 2 hours away from me, but you cant win what you dont put in the middle. ya kno?
I can't financially afford to have an unpaid internship, but hey, if it will open some doors then why the hell not.

JThorpe7

Rookie
Aug 22, 2012
This is the thing that pisses me off, it's that people like me who went through CTI school don't get a chance and the people with no CTI or ATC experience get that chance before people like me. I'm not hating on any of you for proceeding to the next phase, I'm just saying that the system is fucked up right now. And I don't want to hear the age old saying that "Just because you're CTI means you get special treatment huh?" No, that's not what I think, all I am saying is that if I did what the FAA asked me to do at the time for a chance at proving my aptitude and I exceeded those expectations, I firmly believe that I should've been able to get a chance at OKC.

CTI Grad '14
NASA En-route exp
ATSAT 93.6 (Before hiring changes)
FAA ADX Flight Dispatcher Cert
Car Rental Airport Manager Experience

Your profile says you graduated CTI school 2014? The last time they gave scores for the ATSAT was for the test given March 2013, when did you take the ATSAT?

Ryanmas9

Trusted Member
Aug 11, 2015
Monroe, NC
Hello guys and gals,
I am currently 28 about to turn 29. This is my first time applying and due to age more than likely my last time. I currently work at KCLT as an Airport Fire Fighter. I have been there for almost 5 years now and have been a paid fire fighter since 2006. No CTI schools or any other aviation schools except I was a student pilot with 37 hours. I am a military veteran being in the Army National Guard now for 11 years.

I know there are a few people who look at me in disgust for not going to a CTI school or not having any control experience. I know exactly how you feel because as a qualified fire fighter with an Associates degree in Fire Science I have been passed over for numerous fire jobs before by people who had 0 experience, certifications, or education and it burns inside knowing that. I love the world of aviation and have a strong desire to be in it.

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
Who cares if people get butt hurt over you getting selected over them. You chose what path worked best for you, as did they. If it works out in your favor, more power to ya. There are many controllers who had no prior experience in either atc or aviation and were selected off of announcements just like the one you applied for, so don't worry about the ones complaining and just work towards your future.

BrewnATC

Epic Member
Jan 28, 2015
Ass deep in a folding chair
Hello guys and gals,
I am currently 28 about to turn 29. This is my first time applying and due to age more than likely my last time. I currently work at KCLT as an Airport Fire Fighter. I have been there for almost 5 years now and have been a paid fire fighter since 2006. No CTI schools or any other aviation schools except I was a student pilot with 37 hours. I am a military veteran being in the Army National Guard now for 11 years.

I know there are a few people who look at me in disgust for not going to a CTI school or not having any control experience. I know exactly how you feel because as a qualified fire fighter with an Associates degree in Fire Science I have been passed over for numerous fire jobs before by people who had 0 experience, certifications, or education and it burns inside knowing that. I love the world of aviation and have a strong desire to be in it.
You know where they don't give a shit about you not going to a CTI school? The facility.

SuperMario

Apr 10, 2012
Your profile says you graduated CTI school 2014? The last time they gave scores for the ATSAT was for the test given March 2013, when did you take the ATSAT?
Yeah I meant to say '13, I can't believe how long its been.

SuperMario

Apr 10, 2012
Hello guys and gals,

People will be happy for you and some will be butt hurt, but who cares. I think what matters most is that you enjoy aviation and ATC.

Status
Not open for further replies.