Green River Community College?

FelixR14

Newcomer
Sep 29, 2014
I am hoping to enroll in the at-cti program after high school. The closest program near me is grcc. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this school. Is it a good school to do the at-cti program.

usaftmomike

Mar 10, 2014
Anchorage, AK
I am hoping to enroll in the at-cti program after high school. The closest program near me is grcc. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this school. Is it a good school to do the at-cti program.
Don't waste your money, the degree is worthless at this point and holds 0 value other than the fact that if you get a TOL, you can skip basics.

ClearanceClarence

Trusted Contributor
May 24, 2014
You know that one girl you keep in your back pocket? You know, the one who you change to a dude's name in your phone so any potential nosey girlfriends don't catch on and question you? That should be ATC right now... see what develops as far as the hiring process over the next year or so (whenever you finish HS)... CTI is a dying breed at the moment, but if something changes and for whatever reason OTS bids are a thing of the past then yeah I'd go for it. Til then, hit up your local community college and knock out those Gen ed requirements...

Good luck....

007hamster

Feb 25, 2009
NATCA Meeting
I went there. It's a fine school and gets the job done. Like others have said do your research here. The FAA shook things up recently effectively rendering a CTI degree useless. For now. The hiring process is long and you can't base your life around getting hired. It took me 6 years from starting CTI to getting my FOL.

The job is worth it. But getting in is a crapshoot. Just because you have a CTI degree does not give you any rights or special treatment. You could potentially be throwing money out the door.

P51Mustang

Newcomer
May 2, 2010
I enjoyed my time at GRCC.. graduated from the CTI program and it didn't cost a lot of money. If I were to do it again
I would probably join the "chairforce" and get actual ATC experience, the you have military preference if you try to get hired by the FAA