Hardship

Yayger

Rookie
Mar 9, 2015
Just curious as to some of the rules, if I were to have custody of my kids and the other parent was across the country and our agreement says they are supposed to have them every weekend and that’s not possible because I had to move for this job. Can that qualify as a hardship transfer?

Yayger

Rookie
Mar 9, 2015
I read that and was going to, just looking for a second translation, seeing as I have custody and doing this would allow the non custodial parent to see the kids more. (I’m in one of those facilities full of gossip lol)

corn4ahead

Oct 3, 2012
(I’m in one of those facilities full of gossip lol)
That really narrows it down lol.

But to answer your question.

If you accepted the job knowing you would be moving away from your kids, the likelihood of a hardship getting approved is very slim. However, if the divorce/separation happened after the fact, it should get approved in my opinion.

I would file the hardship regardless however. It's worth a try.

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
I read that and was going to, just looking for a second translation, seeing as I have custody and doing this would allow the non custodial parent to see the kids more. (I’m in one of those facilities full of gossip lol)
You don't have a legitimate hardship transfer request. The closest case to your situation is a hardship transfer for an employee estranged from his dependent children. You have primary custody, so that's not your situation. That your ex-spouse can't see the children more often is not a problem covered by the article.

Yayger

Rookie
Mar 9, 2015
Thing is there was a verbal agreement, but they appear to be reneging on it. Thus creating said hardship

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
If nothing is in writing you may very well be out of luck. What you describe isn't one of the things they consider a hardship. They have leeway but nothing is guaranteed