Has anyone found out their Terminal Facility before their FOL before?

BC_CTI

Rookie
Dec 2, 2011
Title explains it, How early in the process have you found out what Terminal Facility you'll be put it?

I know they keep you in the dark until your FOL because its always being changed n such but has anyone successfully gotten the info from ACD or a Facility manger? etc..

Thanks. :D

TimShady

Senior Analyst
Mar 12, 2009
Chicago
You're interviewer is your best shot at finding out. In my experience HR refuses to confirm it even if you already know.

BC_CTI

Rookie
Dec 2, 2011
Thanks for all the replies, unfortunately my interviewer did not know or else he would of told me. I suppose i'll just hope my TOL tells me.. if not i guess wait until the FOL =\

SCOPED

Senior Analyst
Nov 21, 2010
Gods Country, Alaska
You're interviewer is your best shot at finding out. In my experience HR refuses to confirm it even if you already know.
TimShady knows what he's taking about. You are really hard pressed to find out because HR wants the flexibility all the way up to your FOL to move you but your can make a good guess when you see your pay and interpolate your pay/locally amount assuming it's not a state with one amount. Thats not fool proof but it keeps the juices flowing.

atccti

Apr 8, 2010
Midsouth
Yeah, my interviewer told me "off the record". And then didn't get anything else about it until my FOL.

Marjorillan

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Tulsa,OK
TimShady knows what he's taking about. You are really hard pressed to find out because HR wants the flexibility all the way up to your FOL to move you but your can make a good guess when you see your pay and interpolate your pay/locally amount assuming it's not a state with one amount. Thats not fool proof but it keeps the juices flowing.
That is a good way to figure it out. Unfortunately for me, that state I was chosen for has all of three facilities; one of them being a level 9 and the other two level 8's. Obviously if it was the 9 then I would know but it would still bother the heck out of me if it were one of the 8's!! lol

TimShady

Senior Analyst
Mar 12, 2009
Chicago
My TOL doesn't give a total salary. It just says "​Salary: $37,070 per annum, an additional locality pay will be included upon facility selection."

irishcarbomb

Epic Member
Dec 3, 2008
Houston, TX
way back when i got picked up i got a second email to interview. so i called my HR rep and said "hey i already interviewed, just want to make sure everything is ok"

and she slipped and told me...

Jettj45

Sep 30, 2009
They don't like telling you because it can change very easily. I found out which facility I am lined up for before I got my tenative offer from ACD. But, it could change. There are 2 facilities in my state that are on the low range of staffing so I could get switched.

Don't worry about it, you will find out when it is appropiate ie when it is more definite that is where you're actually going. Just like everything else in the process you need patience.

BVI4Life

Jun 8, 2009
PCT
HR told me what my facility was, then a few weeks later said they had to redirect me to another facility within the state (Maine), but she couldn't tell me where. I said, "well, if I'm not going to Bangor, I'm guessing it'll be Portland?" After a pause she goes, "oh, well, yes I suppose you're right."

monicajl21

Rookie
May 13, 2010
Interviewed yesterday, called human resources lady today to find out. Said ill find out when I get my TOL. 1-3 weeks.

AZ terminal
Was selected for az terminal last Mar panel and heard word of mouth (because I work ATC in the district) where I was going but, it was not in the TOL and my HR rep wouldn't even tell me up until about a week ago. I hear center controllers hear in the TOL but not terminal. FYI.