Has anyone heard anything about the FY2010 terminal classes yet?

redner51

Rookie
Apr 21, 2009
anyone hear any news about the whole schedule situation? My HR rep doesnt really seem to have a clue

mills3ff

Mar 3, 2009
Port Orange
who's your HR? I talked to mine today. She said expect nothing this week maybe next week or the week after, possibly the week after that. Pretty vague.

redner51

Rookie
Apr 21, 2009
my HR rep was wanda witten now its charlene sade she seems over welmed by switching from en route to terminal applicants

FlyBaby

Dec 17, 2008
Dallas, TX
what i wonder is that when they will finally start scheduling terminal? sitting and waiting with everything done is killing me.

STLATCER

Aug 13, 2009
I know the waiting is killing me. I am a VRA and I went to the Chicago PEPC in March. Got TOL and then last week they changed my facility same state, but now I am tower instead of Tracon, but still no class date. I know my HR Rep has the dates, but I guess she is taking long lunches instead of placing people in classes. I don't even care if it is in December just give me a date, I have been out of the military since Nov 08. Ok I am done with my soap box.

Thank You for listening.

mills3ff

Mar 3, 2009
Port Orange
Other than give out class dates, what else is your HR responsible for? Just wondering what the day in the life of an HR is at OKC.

biggm16

Oct 16, 2008
Other than give out class dates, what else is your HR responsible for? Just wondering what the day in the life of an HR is at OKC.
All new employee processing once you get to the academy. Life insurance, health insurance, retirement, etc.....

Wponcho

Feb 3, 2009
Orlando
I went to the Jan '09 PEPC in NY and got my TOL For PBI, then re-directed to SFB, then told had to wait to FY2010. Then I got a e-mail Friday saying that SFB had met their total hiring and didn't know when I'd start, would I like to re-direct again to JAX? Meanwhile I live in Orlando already. I started with Maggie, then Wanda (whom I never was able to speak to), now Charlene (who is awesome). I got a call yesterday and she asked if I'd like to stay at SFB? Of course I did and she offered me Oct 29th. Because I wouldn't be able to make that date they offered me Nov 12th which I took. Good luck everyone, I know it sucks now, but it'll get better.

mikeswise

Newcomer
Feb 21, 2009
Lexington, SC
I went to the Jan '09 PEPC in NY and got my TOL For PBI, then re-directed to SFB, then told had to wait to FY2010. Then I got a e-mail Friday saying that SFB had met their total hiring and didn't know when I'd start, would I like to re-direct again to JAX? Meanwhile I live in Orlando already. I started with Maggie, then Wanda (whom I never was able to speak to), now Charlene (who is awesome). I got a call yesterday and she asked if I'd like to stay at SFB? Of course I did and she offered me Oct 29th. Because I wouldn't be able to make that date they offered me Nov 12th which I took. Good luck everyone, I know it sucks now, but it'll get better.
congrats..........were you OTS, VRA or CTI?

STL2CVG

Senior Analyst
Feb 2, 2009
Cincinnati
People should post what application the applied under, facility, and class date so we don't have keep asking! Lol but congrats to everyone so far!!

FinalApproach

Rookie
Jun 17, 2008
Midwest
I am dieing to get my call, I hope it happens soon. So how long do you think they will be making calls for terminal dates? one week, two weeks? I know, Be Patient.

ZAUorBust

Newcomer
Jun 10, 2009
I applied under CTI in December, given ORD tower in my e-mail in January, went to the PEPC in Chicago in March, and have been waiting since I was told my facility won't be taking anyone until the FY10. I finally got tired of waiting and just called my HR rep, Elaine, on Tuesday and she gave me my class date (Nov 12) over the phone! She called me back less than an hour later to change the date to October 29th!! She sent me an e-mail confirming the class date as well as a number to call to refresh my drug test. She told me she would send the FOL with the new class date upon receipt of the drug test results. I'm so excited and I can't wait!!

redner51

Rookie
Apr 21, 2009
I cant believe they actually gave you a Date and all when they didnt get your drug test results in yet but congrats and best of luck!

zdoubek

Rookie
Jul 14, 2009
Chicago
I applied under CTI in December, given ORD tower in my e-mail in January, went to the PEPC in Chicago in March, and have been waiting since I was told my facility won't be taking anyone until the FY10. I finally got tired of waiting and just called my HR rep, Elaine, on Tuesday and she gave me my class date (Nov 12) over the phone! She called me back less than an hour later to change the date to October 29th!! She sent me an e-mail confirming the class date as well as a number to call to refresh my drug test. She told me she would send the FOL with the new class date upon receipt of the drug test results. I'm so excited and I can't wait!!
Dude, what the hell!! I called EM earlier this week, waiting to go to midway, and she siad she's not gonna get around to it for another 2 weeks or so. Plus she said once I do get scheduled it won't be until late Nov or Dec. But congrats on the date, thats awesome, and its good news to hear the EM is getting dates out for us terminal guys.