Has anyone heard anything about the FY2010 terminal classes yet?

T

Tbagnit

Good luck with that. I cleared my tier 2 psych a month ago and I can't even get a hold of my POC For the eastern region. I guess while I was waiting for my results the FAA decided to switch points of contact again without letting me know.

Narb4u

Newcomer
Oct 7, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Finally got my class date!! I got the call from R.A. yesterday. Headed to OKC October 7th. Then headed to Van Nuys tower after the Academy. It's been a long time coming! I am coming up on two years since I applied to Pubnat2. Believe me it's worth the wait!! Good luck to everyone else, I hope all you guys hear some good news soon.

:party:

Latechpilot

Rookie
Jan 16, 2009
Houston
EM is the greatest :bowdown: got a call from her Sat. 9/19 at 5:50 p.m. offering me Nov. 5 and for those who want to know CRP and PUBNAT4 :multi:

T

Tbagnit

Got my call Saturday morning @ 10. They scheduled me for November 6th for terminal.

Ridejumpfly

Newcomer
Feb 9, 2009
LGA
Got the call yesterday. Offered Oct 15th I asked to push to Nov 6 class.. U90 (Tucson Approach). VRA, TOL was March 5th 2009.

purduectiguy

Newcomer
Jun 17, 2008
I emailed E.M. to check on a potential class date for CMI (my T.O.L. facility) and she replied with the news that CMI has a zero hiring quota for FY10. I inquired about a redirect to IND tower or Center (former ZLA resignee here), and she said that IND tower had only 3 spots to fill and there's 8 on the waiting list already, and centers have less hiring to fill than towers in FY10. Not great news, but it's nice to hear that at least some people are getting class dates for their facilities. PUBNAT2 guy here who was at the LA PEPC in Jan. 2009. Good luck everybody; hopefully they'll up their quotas soon!

PoppinJ

Rookie
Jan 30, 2009
I emailed E.M. to check on a potential class date for CMI (my T.O.L. facility) and she replied with the news that CMI has a zero hiring quota for FY10. I inquired about a redirect to IND tower or Center (former ZLA resignee here), and she said that IND tower had only 3 spots to fill and there's 8 on the waiting list already, and centers have less hiring to fill than towers in FY10. Not great news, but it's nice to hear that at least some people are getting class dates for their facilities. PUBNAT2 guy here who was at the LA PEPC in Jan. 2009. Good luck everybody; hopefully they'll up their quotas soon!
Jesus this is my worst nightmare. I've been waiting since Feb and my unemployment is going to run out soon. If the my facility has a zero hiring quota for 2010 then its gonna get mighty hard to feed the family.

Kelly423

Aug 5, 2009
Thanks for sharing the info.

jermscentral

Mar 1, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I'm in the same boat. I've had all my clearances back since April after a February 09 PEPC (PUBNAT4), and it's extremely frustrating and disheartening to see all these folks get class dates when you've been told your facility is one of the 25% that reduced their hiring numbers to zero for the next fiscal year. This is on top of two people that I know are either retiring or being promoted at my facility, which doesn't make any sense to me. I was technically second out of three people slated to go to my facility, but because my medical clearance expires first, I got bumped up to the pole position... though it could be several more months of waiting before I hear anything back. In the meantime, I just check in with EM by e-mail (her preferred method of contact) about once every week and a half just to see if there's anything new.

shibbyromes

Rookie
Aug 3, 2009
Rhode Island
Since there are only terminals in the states I put on my app, I thought I would post my questions here.

I graduated CTI in May of 09. Are there any CTI Grads here? I see a lot of OTS and VRA. I'm just curious as to how long you had to wait after you graduated to hear something like being on a referral list or how long you had to wait for a selection panel. I know I'm a ways away in the process from most of you guys/gals but I just want some guidance as to what to expect. I don't have a family to feed but I have massive student loans. Also, does anyone have info on hiring in the northeast, specifically Rhode Island and Massachusetts? Thanks in advance!

-Jon

yotatruk

Newcomer
Sep 17, 2009
Orem, UT
Since there are only terminals in the states I put on my app, I thought I would post my questions here.

I graduated CTI in May of 09. Are there any CTI Grads here? I see a lot of OTS and VRA. I'm just curious as to how long you had to wait after you graduated to hear something like being on a referral list or how long you had to wait for a selection panel. I know I'm a ways away in the process from most of you guys/gals but I just want some guidance as to what to expect. I don't have a family to feed but I have massive student loans. Also, does anyone have info on hiring in the northeast, specifically Rhode Island and Massachusetts? Thanks in advance!

-Jon
I graduated from Mt. Sac June 08. In January 09 I picked where I wanted to go for my PEPC, which was April 09 in LA. Got my TOL for PDX and have been waiting for an Academy date since. All my clearances went through in August, but still haven't heard. Good luck.

dano777

Newcomer
May 3, 2009
Little Rock, AR

-Jon
I'm CTI grad. I graduated August of 08 from Miami Dade College. I went the traditional route. I got all my clearances back in June. I got my TOL for LOU Sept of 08. I think it just depends, it could go very quickly (as I have had friends that have) or you could wait a while, like me. The last message I got from my HR, she said to be patient, they are redoing the terminal schedule. Said I should hear something by middle of Sept. I 'm not counting that. Hang in there though, it could be a very long process. But as far as referral list, shouldnt take too long for that. My opinion of course. You never know with these guys.

STLATCER

Aug 13, 2009
It all seems so crazy to me, I mean I applied in SEP 08 got Referral in DEC 08, got selected in JAN 09 and TOL/ PEPC in March 09, all clearances went through by MAY09. Been waiting for class date ever since. ALL they talked about is how bad they needed controllers and then BOOM it all seems to have stopped, and now class dates are trickling in, but if you ask your HR rep about a date they tell you to be patient. I have been waiting 12 months for a class date, 6 months since TOL. How patient do I have to be?

I know it is not HR fault, the GOV could not run a lemonade stand effectively.

Radium

Epic Member
Jan 14, 2009
@ StlATCer

dude I freaking hear you. People who want gov't run heal care should apply for a Gov't job or be in the military b4 forming a decision... lol just think if your academy date was your cancer biopsy...

"just be patient!"

lol