Has anyone heard anything about the FY2010 terminal classes yet?

jermscentral

Mar 1, 2009
St. Louis, MO
It looks like I'm in the same boat. I hate this, I don't get how they have us assignment a facility and then tell us theres no room for us. :rant:
The ATO's facility planning takes place approximately 9-12 months before someone is actually needed. Since it was done ahead of any contract changes, and since the expectations are also based on anticipated hirings; and since the number of retirees was nowhere near what was expected, we get the shaft and are forced to wait until the ATO says, "Oh yeah, we might want to put a few more people here."

Radium

Epic Member
Jan 14, 2009
just got a call from hr and they squeezed me into a oct 9 tower class so i can confirm they still have spots avalible for early october
I just got a call today ^_^ Western region for Oct... I'll spill some more details when I get my FOL

STL2CVG

Senior Analyst
Feb 2, 2009
Cincinnati
Is there anyway to find out what facilities droped to 0?
My only thought it to just call the one that you are going to. I actually thought of the same thing when I made my last post in this thread and called my facility. But the ATM was not there so I may try tomorrow.

jermscentral

Mar 1, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Is there anyway to find out what facilities droped to 0?
I was talking to my rep about my facility and the others in the St. Louis area, called the "Gateway Region", in the event I could transfer. She's the one that told me that all four facilities reduced their numbers to zero. I'm not sure how many are slated for T75, but STL has 5 waiting for class dates, and SUS has 3.

STLATCER

Aug 13, 2009
I was talking to my rep about my facility and the others in the St. Louis area, called the "Gateway Region", in the event I could transfer. She's the one that told me that all four facilities reduced their numbers to zero. I'm not sure how many are slated for T75, but STL has 5 waiting for class dates, and SUS has 3.

Are you saying that your rep told you that STL was included in the facilties that reduced their hiring number to 0, or are the five waiting for class dates safe and just waiting for class dates. I also heard that T75 had reduced there number to 0, because I was supposed to go there.

jermscentral

Mar 1, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Are you saying that your rep told you that STL was included in the facilties that reduced their hiring number to 0, or are the five waiting for class dates safe and just waiting for class dates. I also heard that T75 had reduced there number to 0, because I was supposed to go there.
Kind of both. They have 5 people in queue to go there that are just waiting on class dates, but because the ATO reduced the hiring numbers to 0 for FY2010, it's unlikely that all, if any, of them will be going to the Academy until October 2011. Things can change, but she said she doubted much would, as they're already overstaffed as it is.

legendskid_44

Rookie
Jun 30, 2009
Michigan
Sounds like all of Michigan too. Everything is dropped.... I thought they need 15,000 controllers in the next 5 years? what happen to that?

STLATCER

Aug 13, 2009
Kind of both. They have 5 people in queue to go there that are just waiting on class dates, but because the ATO reduced the hiring numbers to 0 for FY2010, it's unlikely that all, if any, of them will be going to the Academy until October 2011. Things can change, but she said she doubted much would, as they're already overstaffed as it is.
That sucks, EM emailed me 2 weeks ago and said that T75 was not hiring this year so she offered me the STL tower and now come to find out they are not hiring either, I mean I am one of the five waiting for a class date, but lets be honest who knows when and if that will ever happen. Are you one of the 3 slated to go to SUS, and what are you going to do in the mean time?

STL2CVG

Senior Analyst
Feb 2, 2009
Cincinnati
I had a hunch that T75 would be at 0 real quick. When I was out toured T75 two different times, after speaking to the ATM he said they were probably one of the better staffed facilities in the nation.

Roach

Rookie
Aug 4, 2009
Ft. Worth
Dude, it's crazy around the board. I was slated for MLU as was 4 other people and got an e-mail there not hiring for 2010. Redirected to Abilene, Tx. Asked EM when they were accepting trainees and was told later winter months. How awesome is that. blah, blah! I think the bean counters made some mistakes. Imagine that.

March PEPC All clearances in April.

Latechpilot

Rookie
Jan 16, 2009
Houston
I was also suppose to go to MLU, told the same thing by the same person redirected CRP not too torn up about it though :rolleyes: as I was offered Nov 5 two weeks later as a class date. Just curious roach did you put TX as your other geo pref or did she just offer you some random place?

Roach

Rookie
Aug 4, 2009
Ft. Worth
Yeah, Texas was my first choice. I got a list of seven airports in La to put in preferential order. I was under the impression they needed people bad but like I said previously, the bean counters are English majors and not math majors. Looks like i'll be living in the middle of nowhere TX. But atleast it is TX.

jermscentral

Mar 1, 2009
St. Louis, MO
That sucks, EM emailed me 2 weeks ago and said that T75 was not hiring this year so she offered me the STL tower and now come to find out they are not hiring either, I mean I am one of the five waiting for a class date, but lets be honest who knows when and if that will ever happen. Are you one of the 3 slated to go to SUS, and what are you going to do in the mean time?
Yep, I'm one of the three. I'm technically #2 of 3, but my clearances expire first, which bumps me to the prime spot. In the meantime, I work in tech support for a company here in Nashville. My wife is from St. Louis, so we're "moving home" if/when I ever get a class date.

And Roach, at least you were told "later winter months" instead of "probably not until October of 2010."

Latechpilot

Rookie
Jan 16, 2009
Houston
TX was one of my choices, just seeing if there might be a method to their madness. I'm with you on living in TX I currently live here...everything just seem to make since in TX if you ask me. I was first offered SHV redirected because my brother is still in training there, then came MLU went to college near there so I was familiar with the area and then came CRP and I am perfectly fine with that. Especially since a class date came two weeks after the last redirect.

STL2CVG

Senior Analyst
Feb 2, 2009
Cincinnati
Yep, I'm one of the three. I'm technically #2 of 3, but my clearances expire first, which bumps me to the prime spot. In the meantime, I work in tech support for a company here in Nashville. My wife is from St. Louis, so we're "moving home" if/when I ever get a class date.

And Roach, at least you were told "later winter months" instead of "probably not until October of 2010."
I live here currently. It is a great town. Lots of things to do. Hope you like baseball.