Heard Something.....

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
There is no such thing as reinstatement bids. All bids are open source now so the only way to bypass academy is if they start handing out waivers. You have reinstatement eligibility but have to apply to the same opening as everyone else. What this eligibility will do for you in the future remains to be seen.

zabnut

Jun 17, 2008
Albuquerque
Look for March 2015 or later for the actual hiring of the next batch. The bids will be no sooner than the beginning of the fiscal year. I heard two bids, one with Experience and one without.

C

charliezuluatc

The agency sure is spending a lot of energy defending the new process.

Last edited:

109DD

Rookie
Jul 9, 2013
The mess that the FAA has created has brought reinstatements into a possibility. Look for March 2015 for the first bid, which is when you can expect the next open bid for new hires. It will not be sooner than that.
not to be an a$$, but where is this information coming from? I have heard (from a very reliable source ) that another all sources bid will happen October 2014. This was giving me some hope that this time around I'd have a bit more luck.

zabnut

Jun 17, 2008
Albuquerque
not to be an a$$, but where is this information coming from? I have heard (from a very reliable source ) that another all sources bid will happen October 2014. This was giving me some hope that this time around I'd have a bit more luck.
Either take the info or not, no sweat of my sack.

DavidSW

Rookie
May 5, 2011
Barksdale AFB
Look for March 2015 or later for the actual hiring of the next batch. The bids will be no sooner than the beginning of the fiscal year. I heard two bids, one with Experience and one without.

Hey zab, when you are talking experience, are you speaking specifically of FAA experience or would VRA's count as well? Assuming your source specified...

zabnut

Jun 17, 2008
Albuquerque
Hey zab, when you are talking experience, are you speaking specifically of FAA experience or would VRA's count as well? Assuming your source specified...
These current rumors are no longer correct or a stab in the dark. The hiring process is being redone. For that reason nobody knows other than very rough estimates on when things can be finished and acted upon.

The new fiscal year makes sense for the bids, but there is not a clear path on when and how those applications will be acted on.

Reinstatements, open bids, VRA, age restrictions removed for rehires; all that has yet to be determined. They all are being discussed. Will this be done by the new fiscal year? I am guessing it should be but the rest of the process will probably take longer.

I know that does not satisfy anyone because it is no more information than I had earlier. All I can say is be patient and wait and see what happens. There is little else to say or do at this point. We really need people, but we also need the right people.

C

charliezuluatc

Hey zabnut, gotta disagree with your last paragraph. Any person that has been a 2152 hired priored to age 31 and younger than 56, unless hired prior to 1974 is automatically age exempted via public law and subsequent policy.
Natca had already been advised of the next all sources bid.

C

charliezuluatc

There are people that can not be reinstated or rehired. Those who were let go for a particular set of reasons. Those who fall in that class know who they are.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
There are people that can not be reinstated or rehired. Those who were let go for a particular set of reasons. Those who fall in that class know who they are.
The old FAA flight service people that got moved to Lockheed? Or a different group?

C

charliezuluatc

Different group. People who are deemed in elgible for government service. People who broke federal law, have been removed from federal service and medical terminations. The patco strikers were removed from federal service, only allowed to be rehired because of Clinton. You can be removed from federal service for breaking the law or violations of the hrpm. You can be removed for being unable to maintain a medical, that's is it's own deal.
Being terminated and removed used to be two different items. You could be terminated for not certifying at a facility, ie training failures. That's why they can come back. You can be removed from federal service for lying on an official document. Once removed you can never return to federal service.

zabnut

Jun 17, 2008
Albuquerque
I will just stop commenting on this thread, it has run it's course as far as I am concerned. Good luck with the valuable information that is being presented.

Ice_cold656

Epic Member
Jun 12, 2010
Bout to be out this B
Surely you can tease us with more details...
All I know is that it is coming. I have always gotten solid information about this kind of stuff. I will never out my sources. But I have never been steared wrong in the past. I expect this time will be no different. I'm not sure exactly when. When I hear more details, I will surely let the right people know. :) Who knows maybe we'll be in the same class again! lol.

SirMario

Senior Analyst
Apr 15, 2010
All I know is that it is coming. I have always gotten solid information about this kind of stuff. I will never out my sources. But I have never been steared wrong in the past. I expect this time will be no different. I'm not sure exactly when. When I hear more details, I will surely let the right people know. :) Who knows maybe we'll be in the same class again! lol.
Next time stop partying so much!!!