Heard Something.....

freshav8tor

Trusted Contributor
Jul 19, 2009
All I know is that it is coming. I have always gotten solid information about this kind of stuff. I will never out my sources. But I have never been steared wrong in the past. I expect this time will be no different. I'm not sure exactly when. When I hear more details, I will surely let the right people know. :) Who knows maybe we'll be in the same class again! lol.
Shouldn't have left!

C

charliezuluatc

Before I retired, natca and the agency were working out a plan concerning rehires. Some of the items on the table were not having to go back to the academy for the option they previously certified in.when this bid comes out, I suspect you would be hired in your previous option, offered an at need facility.

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
Before I retired, natca and the agency were working out a plan concerning rehires. Some of the items on the table were not having to go back to the academy for the option they previously certified in.when this bid comes out, I suspect you would be hired in your previous option, offered an at need facility.
This has been the way it was for rehires at least for the last few years until the new hiring changes in Jan. At least if you were CPC rehire. Not sure about developmental separation.

C

charliezuluatc

Any new news on that rehire bid? July is almost done for.

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
oh those "reliable" sources.
I seriously doubt there will be another rehire bid in the near future. Unless they change the hiring process yet again. They seem like they're sticking to the one bid system though. Only hope for rehires is if they give more weight to previous experiece on whatever prescreening tests they plan on utilizing. With the last bq though there is pretty much no hope to stand out amongst 25k people unless my personality somehow fits the mood of the hour.

FAA-What?

Newcomer
Sep 11, 2013
ICE, Is this true? I was an off the street hire in 2007 with no prior experience. I got thru the acedemy, certified on the D-side but, unfortunately, washed out on my radar (they gave me two weeks after I certified on the D-side before they sent me for Radar in a very complex level 12 facility, /all wash outs have their excuses, right?/). Anyway, I'm still employed with the FAA and have been trying to get my way back to being a controller. However, you have to be a CPC or veteran to apply for any Controller positions. You are saying that I can apply for a RIEN Bid? I would gladly go to a lower level facility if it meant that I could return as a controller.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
ICE, Is this true? I was an off the street hire in 2007 with no prior experience. I got thru the acedemy, certified on the D-side but, unfortunately, washed out on my radar (they gave me two weeks after I certified on the D-side before they sent me for Radar in a very complex level 12 facility, /all wash outs have their excuses, right?/). Anyway, I'm still employed with the FAA and have been trying to get my way back to being a controller. However, you have to be a CPC or veteran to apply for any Controller positions. You are saying that I can apply for a RIEN Bid? I would gladly go to a lower level facility if it meant that I could return as a controller.
Whether it's true or not, it's starting to look like anyRein bids are a pipe dream.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Damn some of the posts I'm reading make me wonder exactly what the hell the FAA is thinking in it's hiring practices....and feel sorry for these kids supervisors when they hit thier facilities....

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
The thread on someone being arrested with a TOL is the latest example. The number of people advising he not say anything to the FAA about it is mind boggling. Integrity and honesty are just old fashioned notions I guess? Can't wait till the supervisor asks those folks their side on a deal. Pathetic.

psykomagician

Jan 10, 2014
Prior ATC experience bid (e.g., VRA, CTO, DoD, etc. - maybe RMC (their rules are different because of age), Reinstatements) in Jan/Feb 2015. Will not include CTI with education only. 52 weeks experience controlling traffic, training time does not count. All sources bid in Mar/Apr 2015 with biodata (might be same as Feb 2014, might be different) on front end followed by AT-SAT for those that clear biodata.