Hello from the foreign land of Miami!

ATCracer

Feb 3, 2009
South Florida
Hello everyone. Just joined up today after reading for a few months. I graduated from Miami-Dade College ATC program back in May of 2007 and missed the may CTI application so I had to wait til august to apply. Tried for NC and made the referral but didn't get past that point. Dec. 10th application rolled through and applied again for NC and also applied for the PubNat7 for NC/TX/FL cities ( i know it doesn't mean anything for locations quite yet). I made the referral list on Dec. 23rd for NC but have not heard anything since!

I'm getting nervous...

Glad I could join this community of other nervous people though! lol

A

Adam

Welcome to StuckMic....we are the largest air traffic control community on the internet...not only are there a bunch of applicants, but many experienced controllers that have be around for a while. Hopefully you will decide to stick around...while you are here...try leaving a review of the CTI program you attended here:

http://www.stuckmic.com/cti-schools/593-miami-dade-college.html

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Welcome to StuckMic....we are the largest air traffic control community on the internet...not only are there a bunch of applicants, but many experienced controllers that have be around for a while.
Important part highlighted. That's what sets SM apart from... other places.

Welcome.

ATCtower

Oct 26, 2008

There is the most intelligent thing I have read in quite some time. Actually I am quite surprised there was someone else in Miami who speaks English.... wow, that just made my day.

strykr

Aug 18, 2008
Warrenton, VA

There is the most intelligent thing I have read in quite some time. Actually I am quite surprised there was someone else in Miami who speaks English.... wow, that just made my day.
My dad worked in MIA for quite a while in medical sales and he had a receptionist that had lived there for 17 years and couldn't speak a word of english...

ATCtower

Oct 26, 2008
Only 17 years? I know a couple people who have been there since the boat lift, work in the service industry and have never needed to speak English. On a side note, I was actually thrown out of a gas station in west miami (I refuse to capitalize it) for speaking English... Talk about a hell of a welcome to north cuba.