Hi everyone- from New York

NYC_SPEEDBIRD

Newcomer
Jan 25, 2009
Queens NY
Hello guys and girls. I'm very new at this so please bear with me. I'm from new york and just las week went to the PEPC @ LA. it seems like i'm being considered to ZNY. Was really looking forward a tower but can't complaint. Whish each and everyone best of luck..

mjohn47

Jun 23, 2008
Holbrook, NY
Welcome to Stuck Mic! I'm leaving tonight to go to OKC then heading to ZNY so I will meet you at some point in time...

A

Adam

Welcome to StuckMic....if you need anything, let me know...take it easy!

DutchFSU

Rookie
Feb 3, 2009
Vero Beach, FL
I was supposed to be at ZNY. Turned it down for proximity to family, then realized that I am taking a 30k hit to the paycheck. DAMMIT!

Tell me how you like it sometime, eh?

A

Ammolite

I was supposed to be at ZNY. Turned it down for proximity to family, then realized that I am taking a 30k hit to the paycheck. DAMMIT!

Tell me how you like it sometime, eh?
You'd be paying that extra 30K in taxes. No worries.

ATCs1222

Oct 14, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Hello guys and girls. I'm very new at this so please bear with me. I'm from new york and just las week went to the PEPC @ LA. it seems like i'm being considered to ZNY. Was really looking forward a tower but can't complaint. Whish each and everyone best of luck..
Welcome to SM, I'm from Bklyn, NY. Sorry but i'm really curious. U from NY and u went all the way to LA for your PEPC?? They didnt' have an PEPC at Jamaica,NY??? I got scheduled for my PEPC in two weeks at Jamaica NY. I been to NZY twice for my interview, pretty nice place. I got a Remote Pilot Operator RPO position at NYZ, i might get to talk to you soon in training..what's your ATC initial?? Good Luck at the academy.

LISRAREF

Aug 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Welcome Speedbird. I am down in OKC now and will be going to ZNY afterwards. Feel free to ask anyone on here any questions and we would all be willing to answer them for you. Good luck with everything.

A

Ammolite

Welcome to SM, I'm from Bklyn, NY. Sorry but i'm really curious. U from NY and u went all the way to LA for your PEPC?? They didnt' have an PEPC at Jamaica,NY??? I got scheduled for my PEPC in two weeks at Jamaica NY. I been to NZY twice for my interview, pretty nice place. I got a Remote Pilot Operator RPO position at NYZ, i might get to talk to you soon in training..what's your ATC initial?? Good Luck at the academy.
Good to know you're an RPO at a place you don't know the proper acronym for.

LISRAREF

Aug 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Oh no.....
:diggin:
Good to know you're an RPO at a place you don't know the proper acronym for.
Ammo once again you have earned my respect :bowdown: .... Don't get used to it because I will win eventually....:starwars:

Raydon

Happy Camper
Aug 18, 2008
OKC
Welcome to Stuckmic! Congrats on ZNY and good luck during the rest of the process.

If you have any questions please ask! we're all here to help.

ROMA

Sep 24, 2008
Queens, NY
Hey, good luck to you Speedbird.

Hey belot64f, are you flying down to OKC or driving?... I'd like to hear from someone who drove, since i don't think i can live without my vehicle for 3 months. Although 1500 miles and roughly 23 hours of driving isn't exactly a walk in the park, it might be worth it.

mjohn47

Jun 23, 2008
Holbrook, NY
I did the drive from LI at the beginning of February. It sucks but just load up on music, lower the windows and follow the other AH doing 90. As long as you're behind, he should get banged first hahaha. The worst part will be Pennsylvania, with Missouri as a close second. You'll DEFINITELY want your car down here.

ROMA

Sep 24, 2008
Queens, NY
Why was Penn & Missouri the worst? length of the state?... did you make any stops on the way? motels, restaurants?... how long did it take you? and did they reimburse you soon after you got to OKC?... sorry for all the questions lol, but besides housing this is one of my main concerns. At first i thought it was a no brainer to fly there, who wants to drive 23 hours and go through that much gas, but once i found out the FAA reimburses you for travel expenses, driving became a realistic possibility... assuming my truck makes it down there lol.

geardown

Feb 24, 2009
GA
Roma, you may want to take into consideration the 24hr time period that some facilites will only allow for you to report from OKC.

ROMA

Sep 24, 2008
Queens, NY
ahh... good point... i also read recently a post from someone, cant remember who or where it was, that said depending on the facility and if you request it, they might allow up to 64 hours leave time to report to the facility... "change of post.. or relocation of post" i dunno...... anyone know if there's any truth or precedence behind this theory?

Last edited:

mjohn47

Jun 23, 2008
Holbrook, NY
Penn is god knows how many hours long. Missou is hilly and hilly and did I mention hillly? And when you reach the border you hit Oklahoma... lol As for stops - I was sick so I stopped at Columbus OH and Ft. Leonard Wood Missouri. Diners etc. I just did truck stops and fast food. You are on Route 66 for a while so if you're into that stuff check it out.

And we've heard conflicting reports about ZNY's report time. The supervisor we met with last week said no one expects you at work that week. Another person that evidently left for ZNY this week said they had 24hrs.. I don't know who the hell to believe...

ROMA

Sep 24, 2008
Queens, NY
yeah i hear you... i'm tryin to get in for a tour of NY TRACON in the immediate future, then i'm gonna work on LGA, JFK, and FRG towers for the same, when i get there i'll check & advise. As for Route 66, hell yeah that's cool as shit... i'm addicted to that show "Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives", and they did a couple of shows about places along Rte 66.