Epic Member
Jan 14, 2009
I cant tell you the official answer..

unofficially, hell yes they do. Dont be a white male

GUYONABUFFALO

Epic Member
Oct 4, 2012
Minnesota
I think "Diversity" was an old wooden ship .. Any employer that takes federal funds is responsible for meeting certain demographics within their hiring profile. In other words, if you are a female from the Sioux indian reservation you will be hired yesterday even if you can not do the job. Have to love America

blipe7

Oct 23, 2012
i thought the rumor was that starting either this cycle or last cycle name, race, sex and disability was not going to be seen by the hiring board??? did i misunderstand something

signed,

Confused white male

maxshuty

Jan 20, 2009
They can't discriminate you for race, gender, sexual orientation, etc...

That being said if you have two candidates who have identical grades and background, only difference is one is a white male and another is an African American female then I think they would pick her first

blipe7

Oct 23, 2012
well then im just gonna have to lie about my race and gender on my app

LimaRomeo

Jun 20, 2011
I remember reading a while back that part of the reasoning for hiring OTS was to help meet the diversity requirement. Apparently CTI and VRA just pumps out white dudes left and right.

vic1218

Nov 23, 2008
I'm originally from the Midway area. Ill be moving to Palos Heights in August when I get to Midway. What facilities are your guys slated for?

Ryan86

Apr 6, 2012
I'm originally from the Midway area. Ill be moving to Palos Heights in August when I get to Midway. What facilities are your guys slated for?
I got my TOL 8 months ago for ZAU. I did my interview with the Air Traffic manager at Midway, seems like a great guy to work with. Great view of downtown Chicago from the tower..

blipe7

Oct 23, 2012
I just applied to my second VRA panel. been doing contract tower work now for almost a year now at MUGM.