Comm

Nav

F band

Reactions: impl1cation

ggnore

Newcomer
Dec 12, 2018
The three announcements I applied to say

“Based on a review by the servicing office, we have determined that you are eligible for further consideration for the position(s) associated with this announcement.”

USAjobs still says “reviewing applications.” I clicked on “Track this application “ to see that update

Reactions: is it a good job?

impl1cation

Newcomer
Jul 22, 2020
The three announcements I applied to say

“Based on a review by the servicing office, we have determined that you are eligible for further consideration for the position(s) associated with this announcement.”

USAjobs still says “reviewing applications.” I clicked on “Track this application “ to see that update
Same here. I don't think the applications status on USAJobs is accurate at all, so I would just keep following the "Track this application" link to see it in AVIATOR. I applied for an FAA job last year that I was ineligible for and USAJobs still has the status as "Reviewing Applications".

I'm wondering- although we had to select our "top 3 choices" for locations, does anyone know if this rules out our applications for all the other locations? I'm just trying to picture how that process works, and if they only refer your applications to those three locations in specific, or if they allow all locations to view it while keeping in mind where you would most likely accept if they were to make an offer.

impl1cation

Newcomer
Jul 22, 2020
Also, I applied for both G and F paybands, but was told that my 14 years of Aircraft Environmental Systems "doesn't count" for experience towards the G payband, so I'm ineligible for G, but still eligible for F. I know a few people who got it in the past because of their aircraft experience alone. This makes me think they may be more picky in this wave of hiring.

Jul 9, 2019
Just today, I received the same "Based on a review by the servicing office ect" message. As stated in previous post, this is viewed in AVIATOR.

I dont know how the "top 3 choices" for locations works. I am curious about this as well.

Scotter

Jan 4, 2010
Southwest Regional Office
First, I am not a hiring official nor do I work in HR. I have been in the agency for just over 10 years. Here is what I know of the process, if you applied under a nationwide opening or an opening in multiple locations, and you selected your "top 3" then the managers in those locations will look at your application IF they have a vacancy to fill. No vacancy to fill in any of those cities and your app will remain in limbo. I am not 100%, but I think that if an opening is in a location that you did not select, your app will not be seen by that manager.

As to those who have qualified as F but not G, don't get caught up in that. Accept as an F and after some training and certifications on systems you will be bumped up to an H. Typically in about 2 years, sometimes faster if school quotas are available.

I was career military with 20+ yrs of avionics experience, and came on as a F plus 10% back in 2010.

Also don't be afraid to go back and find the HR point of contact on your announcement and call or email them for information on your status. My app was sitting there for 9 months and I finally called HR and they said "we were just getting ready to call you and make an offer".....

Best of luck to you all,

Scotter

Reactions: is it a good job?

impl1cation

Newcomer
Jul 22, 2020
[...] if you applied under a nationwide opening or an opening in multiple locations, and you selected your "top 3" then the managers in those locations will look at your application IF they have a vacancy to fill. No vacancy to fill in any of those cities and your app will remain in limbo. I am not 100%, but I think that if an opening is in a location that you did not select, your app will not be seen by that manager. [...]
Thanks for this info- I just spoke with someone in HR about this and they confirmed this is basically the case. Only the locations selected in the application are going to see your application, if they even want to view them (if they even have a vacancy they want to fill). It's basically a match-maker kind of process. I was also told that if no one looks at it, it can stay in "limbo" for about six months when it is then closed out (and at this point USAJobs is supposed to be updated).

Edit: So it's kind of a roll of the dice- hopefully one of the three locations selected actually has a vacancy they actively want to fill. I chose a couple places I don't think many would be interested in going to, but even that might not improve my chances, lol.

As to those who have qualified as F but not G, don't get caught up in that. Accept as an F and after some training and certifications on systems you will be bumped up to an H. Typically in about 2 years, sometimes faster if school quotas are available.
Thanks for this. Yeah, I spoke with several others who are ATSS and they said the same thing. A lot of them started at F and jumped quickly. Also, because of the overlapping pay bands, there are times in which a well experienced new F band starts off with a greater income than a new G band.

Also don't be afraid to go back and find the HR point of contact on your announcement and call or email them for information on your status. My app was sitting there for 9 months and I finally called HR and they said "we were just getting ready to call you and make an offer".....
Yeah, HR told me that the current status of "eligible for further consideration" basically means nothing other than you're eligible (which is what I expected) and that nothing has happened yet until they move onto the next step of releasing a list for referrals to be made. So even at this status one is not necessarily going to get an interview.

Jchoa

Newcomer
Jul 7, 2020
Wow I have been trying to get an email approval to post on this site since the last entry level position was posted last year.

I made it through the application process last go around. Everything but a TOL then the USA job listing expired and nobody was hired for the position.

Anyway I am basing my expectations off of last years go around. The application acceptance closed on 4/27/2020, I was referred 5/14/2020 and interviewed on 5/28/2020. If things move that fast again I think all us hopefuls would be pleasantly surprised but it’s the timeline I am basing this go around on. In the last announcement there was something like 22 location vacancies. This go around 36. Just some digging that I have done to pass the time and keep hopeful until a referral list is sent out. Based off of that timeline I hope war can expect a refer a list to be created any day. We are already over that 2.5 weeks to create a referral list from the last announcement.

My only concern is not getting referred now. There have been other job vacancies (a couple ATC assistant jobs) where I have made it to this point but was not on the first round of referrals because of disabled veterans getting the preference. Hopefully my 5 point vet pref gets me in this time around and the number of vacancies spreads out the competition. I am still confident i will be referred and interviewed like last time. Who knows... for now practice patience.

Reactions: ggnore
Jul 9, 2019
No,

I reached out today to the contact listed on the announcement. They stated that no referrals had been sent out. They also said to keep an eye on email for updates. So wait and see i guess.

I am curious how much time from job offer to start date there may be. It could take some time to get a house ready to sell, get same on market, close and move to new location. Lets say one was moving from Georgia to Mt or Ak.

Anyway, will update if i hear anything..

Scotter

Jan 4, 2010
Southwest Regional Office
I am curious how much time from job offer to start date there may be. It could take some time to get a house ready to sell, get same on market, close and move to new location. Lets say one was moving from Georgia to Mt or Ak.
When I got hired (2009), they reached out in October (mid month if memory serves me right). They will have you get fingerprints and drug test and wait for them to process, usually 2 to 3 weeks. In my case it was happening in Nov. which has a couple holidays so things moved slowly. Dec 1st I got a Tentative offer letter which I immediately accepted. They will negotiate a start date with you to come on at the beginning of a pay period. Firm Offer Letters comes after that. (pending a satisfactory background check).

Couple important notes: Start salaries are negotiable. Don't be afraid to ask for more, they may not give it to you but then again they might - but this will slow the hiring a bit because they have to reach out to the District Managers were you are hiring into. Also once you have been offered a position they just can't "take it away" unless you decline. Exception being getting a DUI, or some other mischievous criminal activity. Also, you're on probation for your first year - meaning they are ensuring you will be a satisfactory employee. They can release you, without reason, in that first year.

Scotter

impl1cation

Newcomer
Jul 22, 2020
Update:
On the application status on AVIATOR, I'm seeing a Referral List Status that indicate "Your application is among those being reviewed by the office with announcement # FAA-AHF-21-ATSS-71596. You may or may not be contacted for an interview. Please continue to check back for status updates." for each of the three locations I selected. So that's good to see. Hopefully you guys are seeing this as well.

Reactions: aposbarb

Jchoa

Newcomer
Jul 7, 2020
I have also been referred to my top three locations. Just curious, has anybody received a phone call for an interview?