Hiring F and G closing 3/31/21 hurry!

impl1cation

Newcomer
Jul 22, 2020
Week 6
Received one call the other day- basically just a rundown of the position, and a check to see if I'm interested. This is for an F-payband. Not an interview- more like an initial screening.

Jchoa

Newcomer
Jul 7, 2020
Week 6
Received one call the other day- basically just a rundown of the position, and a check to see if I'm interested. This is for an F-payband. Not an interview- more like an initial screening.
Was that from HR or an SSC manager

ggnore

Newcomer
Dec 12, 2018
Received a few calls for a couple positions I applied for. Interviews set up. F and G bands. Being a current GS, can you negotiate pay for F band? Would hate to take a pay cut if an offer was made.

impl1cation

Newcomer
Jul 22, 2020
Received a few calls for a couple positions I applied for. Interviews set up. F and G bands. Being a current GS, can you negotiate pay for F band? Would hate to take a pay cut if an offer was made.
Good to hear, good luck! I'm hoping I get a call for an interview as well.

Scotter

Jan 4, 2010
Southwest Regional Office
Yes, you most certainly can negotiate your start pay. Being a GS helps, quote your current pay setting, then ask for 5% to 8% more. This is assuming you have the experience and credentialing for similar systems you will be hired to maintain in the FAA.

Or, ask to come on at your current pay setting even in an F band. It should not be long to get a system certification and bump to G, then another major certification and bump to H. ATSS usually achieve "H" band within a couple years with the proper certifications steps and a good manager.

Scotter

ggnore

Newcomer
Dec 12, 2018
Received a TOL, but being a current fed employee, I'm a little apprehensive about giving them my HR info before receiving a firm offer. Do HR notify my current boss? Also, being in a high cost area, what are the chances of requesting an increase in salary due to housing costs?