Hiring F and G closing 3/31/21 hurry!

Jul 9, 2019
Congrats,

Wow, they were quick after the interview.

I am curious, isn't there a 'cost of living' for the high cost areas?

Good luck.

Scotter

Jan 4, 2010
Southwest Regional Office
Received a TOL, but being a current fed employee, I'm a little apprehensive about giving them my HR info before receiving a firm offer. Do HR notify my current boss? Also, being in a high cost area, what are the chances of requesting an increase in salary due to housing costs?
Your salary quote on your TOL should include locality pay (mine did). I don't think they will notify your boss if you are in another agency. I would not say anything until you get a FOL and a start date.

Scotter

Scotter

Jan 4, 2010
Southwest Regional Office
Congrats,

Wow, they were quick after the interview.

I am curious, isn't there a 'cost of living' for the high cost areas?

Good luck.
Yes.

Salary with Locality pay is for 'cost of living' areas.

The difference being "Locality - Rest of US" is the standard Locality pay. Locality percentage increase is by state/city for higher cost areas.

Scotter

Reactions: is it a good job?

impl1cation

Newcomer
Jul 22, 2020
Week 8 (almost 9)
Still dead quiet on my end since the one manager call - at this point not expecting any more calls. Maybe next year.

Jul 9, 2019
Hey ggnore, did you move into an atss spot or get a firm offer?

Any news from anyone else?

I have nothing.. The off time is letting me get stuff done around the house. Think i will sell even with no job offer..

ggnore

Newcomer
Dec 12, 2018
Hey ggnore, did you move into an atss spot or get a firm offer?

Any news from anyone else?

I have nothing.. The off time is letting me get stuff done around the house. Think i will sell even with no job offer..
I got a couple calls for interview, but only 1 actual interview. The other location called me back the same day and cancelled the interview, although he would not say exactly why, just that it was an "HR thing." Not sure what the hell that means. I interviewed with my 2nd choice and was sent a TOL which I accepted. Already had a secret clearance so now I'm just waiting on drug test/firm offer.

Reactions: is it a good job?