Hmmm. Just Got Invited to a Second PEPC

rmh151

Rookie
Apr 29, 2009
I did the interview the traditional route way. Did any traditional route terminal candidates get todays email to go to Atlanta?

Dash_7

Rookie
May 18, 2009
Alright so I interviewed last Thursday. Does anybody actually think I will get done with this process before August 3rd?

I saw that some people who interviewed traditionally a few weeks ago got their TOL's a couple weeks after their interview.

So theoretically going this ATL PEPC route might not actually get the process done any sooner...correct?

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
I called, they stated that about 25 emails that went out to the wrong people (if you went to Chicago and received a TOL). Disregard it. I got one but I already received a TOL.

lunchbox

Asst to Regional Manager
Jun 2, 2009
Port Orange, FL
I replied that I am available any day and to have their way with me.

...well i didn't really say it that way but any day, yes.

rmh151

Rookie
Apr 29, 2009
Any advice for those that did not get the email? I am calling my rep first thing but any other advice to help me relax about this? I was not given a chance for the first PEPC and don't want to miss this one too!

rmh151

Rookie
Apr 29, 2009
Thanks bro. My optimism that I will get through to her or her asst. is low but I will try all day if I have to.

Niagra19

"Murphy"
Sep 22, 2008
Phoenix
Lets all get the 3rd and be awesome together! Wheres Niagra? She needs to get on this too.
I, like mbalunda, attended the PEPC in Chicago and also received this new email. Anyone heard from Rossta? Niagra wants to know if he received one also. She is currently at work so I am her link to the World right now...LOL!
I'm here I'm here! Thanks to Bumkin I went into a panic attack in training class! Okay, not really, but I hope we didn't learn any important info that last half hour b/c I was checked out!

Got home, got the email, and am accepting! Seriously how many times must travel out of state (and to different states each time mind you) to get this process done! So far Cali (ATSAT), NM (interview), and now GA (PEPC). I know its costing me an ass load of money (that I frankly dont have) to travel TWICE for what some people dont leave their hometown for, but I got a new job and I was freaking out about having to leave 3 different days to get the process done. (Don't hate me) Now I can just call out 1 day and be good.

Putting in for the 3rd. Need to get the 3rd. Ill fly out on the 2nd and leave on the night of 3rd so I dont miss work Tuesday. If I cant get the 3rd I might decline (not being snooty, but again I've already traveled out of state for the interview)

irishcarbomb

Epic Member
Dec 3, 2008
Houston, TX
this is a long process as we already know, and calling never accomplishes anything (ok rarely)...just chill out and wait your turn just like all the previous applicants did.

rmh151

Rookie
Apr 29, 2009
this is a long process as we already know, and calling never accomplishes anything (ok rarely)...just chill out and wait your turn just like all the previous applicants did.
I agree with one small problem: my 31st birthday is coming up soon so I need my TOL ASAP. Then my age is locked. After that, I will chill. And people who fall between the cracks don't take action and are surprised when they are left behind. Taking an active role in the process is important when dealing with the government. My call will be innocent enough. I am not expecting much but making sure I have not been lost in the process is fine.

Dash_7

Rookie
May 18, 2009
I posted this over at JC, so for those of you that are on the PUBNAT5 thread over there, this will look familiar but for those of you that aren't here's a bit of a long post with a question:

The e-mail says that if you're declining this PEPC to reply by Friday July 10th. So if I e-mail tomorrow declining, are they going to put me in a "holding pattern" until the following monday, the 13th and then send out the necessary e-mails for the next steps?

At this point, I've had my interview and am waiting for the next step...getting e-mailed forms, and telling me when and where to take the physical/psych exam, etc.

So i suppose if I decline this new PEPC and they get back to me fast, I could have all these things done even before the Aug 3rd PEPC rolls around.

Or....they put me on hold and contact me sometime after the 10th of July and all my stuff gets pushed back a bit.

I guess either way, no matter what happens it still won't get me to OKC any faster no matter what I do.....right...right?

ALTHOUGH....I'm going to ZHU which by looking here, there's been a lot of people going there...so there might be a need at ZHU which means OKC sooner than most. though who knows.

Just someone tell me to decline the PEPC, continue going on the traditional route and save my money...

TrevMan22

Rookie
Jun 2, 2009
Just someone tell me to decline the PEPC, continue going on the traditional route and save my money...
That is exactly along the lines of what I was thinking. I would be flying across the country to do the screening only, as I have my interview this week. I don't know if it will be any quicker.

However, I was thinking that if I were to do the PEPC I could fly the redeye out of SEA and arrive the morning of the screening, and fly out that night. This would save me the cost of the hotel, and I would only have to miss one day of work. Anyone see any issues with flying the red eye the night before the PEPC? I won't have to worry about the interview since that would be done, so it would only be for the other portions...is it worth it?

Niagra19

"Murphy"
Sep 22, 2008
Phoenix
However, I was thinking that if I were to do the PEPC I could fly the redeye out of SEA and arrive the morning of the screening, and fly out that night. This would save me the cost of the hotel, and I would only have to miss one day of work. Anyone see any issues with flying the red eye the night before the PEPC? I won't have to worry about the interview since that would be done, so it would only be for the other portions...is it worth it?
I just have screening as well. I know flying accross the country to ATL will cost more, but I think taking the PEPC will result in less actual time off from work and thats more important. If I end up getting Tue or Wed, then I will be taking a red eye as well.

davecabrera

Rookie
Jun 26, 2009
got the invite too, but I just can't afford to go. I guess it's the traditional route for me. Maybe I'll be lucky and still get a class date in 09

davecabrera

Rookie
Jun 26, 2009
If they are having another pepc so soon after the last one, I'm thinking they are setting more class dates this year

TrevMan22

Rookie
Jun 2, 2009
I just have screening as well. I know flying accross the country to ATL will cost more, but I think taking the PEPC will result in less actual time off from work and thats more important. If I end up getting Tue or Wed, then I will be taking a red eye as well.
Good point about time off of work. Has anyone seen any information on how long each part takes for the traditional route? For example, when you go to take your physical the traditional way, will you need to take a full day off or can you do it outside of work hours etc? Any insights?