Hmmm. Just Got Invited to a Second PEPC

rostato

Jun 7, 2009
I got the email and accepted. Its only about 1.5 hours for me, so I am gonna just drive up the morning of. I also had an interview scheduled for the 31st of July, and don't know if I shoul dcancel or what...

I asked to go the 5th because I have class on mon, and tues.

Hope to see some people on the 5th, especially people going to ZSE!

irishcarbomb

Epic Member
Dec 3, 2008
Houston, TX
I agree with one small problem: my 31st birthday is coming up soon so I need my TOL ASAP. Then my age is locked. After that, I will chill. And people who fall between the cracks don't take action and are surprised when they are left behind. Taking an active role in the process is important when dealing with the government. My call will be innocent enough. I am not expecting much but making sure I have not been lost in the process is fine.
pm'd you back, but so everyone else knows that was more directed towards those of us that feel the need to call careers every other day. (not pointing fingers but there are a few and not just on SM or JC) they are the ones that ruin it for everyone else that has legit concerns.

i hope you do get it in time and wish you luck...i dont remeber if you said you've interviewed yet but i seem to have better luck getting info from the person i interviewed with. might be something worth trying

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
Hey dude dont worry. I called and asked why I got an email for a PEPC that I shouldn't have. There is a phone number right on the email. Hmmmm....wonder why they put a number there. Maybe so that I can CALL and ask questions? Sounds right to me. Maybe now someone could take my place and get squeezed in to the PEPC. Good thing I called right? HAHAHA.

The "NOT CALL AS THAT DELAYS THE ENTIRE PROCESS" only applies to those attending the Atlanta PEPC!

Ahhh there is a mosquito in my room. Where's the roach spray!

Last edited:

jsATC

Rookie
Mar 6, 2009
They gave the whole week of August third as choices. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are for en-route and Thursday and Friday is for terminal. I picked Thursday and I will be driving or flying from Michigan. If some of you are in a hurry for TOL and finish up in-processing just look at the others. I did my interview on the 18th of July and still have not received anything. When I e-mailed the contact she said she was flooded with TOL's going out and she will get me one withing the next few weeks. I think if you have the PEPC invite and the means to get there it is best for the long run.

rmh151

Rookie
Apr 29, 2009
Just spoke with everyone involved. According to the contract person who sent my original invite to interview, my TOL was sent on 6/24 and my status is pending security and background checks. Well, since I have not received this TOL either by email or snail mail, she said to call her back in one week so she can start sending inquiries to ACD. ACD won't even look me up because it has only been two weeks. She said just keep waiting and it will be a long time.

Either way, the reason I didn't get the PEPC invite is because she told me those that already interviewed and pending background/security were not included. I know that contradicts some who did get the ATL PEPC invite, but it was what I was told.

Good news though: their system reflects that my TOL was sent on 6/24. That is all I need to know. The rest can take its sweet time. I asked about the OF 306 and she did not address it. She also made it sound like the TOL was paper, not email. Again, I know nobody who has received a TOL via mail but at least I am in the system as getting one/was sent one/etc.

And ACD is swamped. I knew when I called the answers would be "wait". And that is exactly what I got. The person who sends original emails with the "congratulations you have been selected" bla bla bla was very helpful. She seems like she will continue to help me out too.

Last edited:

ouflyboy9

Rookie
Jun 25, 2009
I posted this over at JC, so for those of you that are on the PUBNAT5 thread over there, this will look familiar but for those of you that aren't here's a bit of a long post with a question:

The e-mail says that if you're declining this PEPC to reply by Friday July 10th. So if I e-mail tomorrow declining, are they going to put me in a "holding pattern" until the following monday, the 13th and then send out the necessary e-mails for the next steps?

At this point, I've had my interview and am waiting for the next step...getting e-mailed forms, and telling me when and where to take the physical/psych exam, etc.

So i suppose if I decline this new PEPC and they get back to me fast, I could have all these things done even before the Aug 3rd PEPC rolls around.

Or....they put me on hold and contact me sometime after the 10th of July and all my stuff gets pushed back a bit.

I guess either way, no matter what happens it still won't get me to OKC any faster no matter what I do.....right...right?

ALTHOUGH....I'm going to ZHU which by looking here, there's been a lot of people going there...so there might be a need at ZHU which means OKC sooner than most. though who knows.

Just someone tell me to decline the PEPC, continue going on the traditional route and save my money...

Dash - I would contact the person you interviewd with and ask them what he/she thinks is better -

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
I got one too. Think I'm going to accept -- it'll be pricey, but like ATCtower said, the FAA has a habit of losing or misplacing things sent to them. I don't want to end up delayed because someone doesn't know how to work a filing system. Besides, my wife is trying to nail down a job in either OKC or Seattle (where I'm headed) right now, so if we end up moving, it'll just be that much more complicated to have things straight.

We'll arrange a StuckMic get together up there, formal or not, but with the short timeframe I'm not sure if we'll be able to work a hotel deal. If y'all are willing to hold off for a couple days on reserving a room, I might take the initiative on it and try to get something arranged. Of course, if you find something good on Kayak in the meantime, by all means, take it.

I gotta stop trying to read SM right before I leave for work. I end up posting from an ironing board without any pants on.

sonicapollo

Jun 4, 2009
I have no e-mail, but I have everything done but the psych test. The traditional route can go pretty fast.

TrevMan22

Rookie
Jun 2, 2009
I have no e-mail, but I have everything done but the psych test. The traditional route can go pretty fast.
Sonic- How long did the drug test/medical exam take during the day? Did you need to take part of the day off from work or were you able to schedule around your current work schedule?

Just trying to get an idea of what to expect going the traditional route as far as how much work I will have to miss.

sonicapollo

Jun 4, 2009
I'm unemployed, so it was pretty easy. If you go traditional, you'll be offered to go to a flight doc at Ashland airport or oberlin. I took ashland, closer. It's pretty eays to find. Regardless, after you call the flight doc make sure you call back to GL region! I somehow missed that part and the woman was kind of angry with me. I've taken a bunch of flight physicals before, just class II flying, basically. The only thing extra is that you will take an EKG. You will be in and out of there in an hour tops.

Did the drug test today @ Cuyahoga Falls. That takes about 15-20 minutes at most.

BoomerSooner77

I am rubber, you're glue.
Oct 8, 2008
Plano, TX
I'm not sure if we'll be able to work a hotel deal. If y'all are willing to hold off for a couple days on reserving a room, I might take the initiative on it and try to get something arranged.
I already have RFPs out to three hotels. I received an RFP response today from Hilton and didn't like it. Awaiting the other two.

There's really only 3-4 decent hotels I would stay at around the airport / FAA bldg and they all have RFPs from me, except for one that is full.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
I spoke with the training manager at my facility today and, for what it's worth, he suggested doing the PEPC. He mentioned how the FAA has a habit of misplacing or losing forms, and, according to him, it tended to move things along faster. Of course, we'll be waiting till at least October either way, so...

There's really only 3-4 decent hotels I would stay at around the airport / FAA bldg and they all have RFPs from me, except for one that is full.
Clearly you have higher standards than me. I'll sleep in a park if I have to. Or a booth in The Varsity.

lunchbox

Asst to Regional Manager
Jun 2, 2009
Port Orange, FL
I spoke with the training manager at my facility today and, for what it's worth, he suggested doing the PEPC. He mentioned how the FAA has a habit of misplacing or losing forms, and, according to him, it tended to move things along faster. Of course, we'll be waiting till at least October either way, so...

Clearly you have higher standards than me. I'll sleep in a park if I have to. Or a booth in The Varsity.
Only after you grab a chili dog and onion rings. I know I will be stopping by there.