Hmmm. Just Got Invited to a Second PEPC

wladi744

Newcomer
May 21, 2009
I got my interview on Jun 17, On the traditional way. I recieved the email for the August PEPC invitation on July 1 to expedite the rest of the process, and I just Replied on the next day accepting the invitation, for Wednesday August 5. But,(today july 3) I dont recieve any confirmation by email today. Does anybody that replied this email accepting this invitation, got back an confirmation email???

Niagra19

"Murphy"
Sep 22, 2008
Phoenix
it doesn't look like anyone has received confirmation back yet about the ATL PEPC. I got the email on 7/1 and replied almost immediately. I think we will see confirmations next week.

Now I've got a question hoping someone can answer. If we go Traditional do we have to pay to goo to the flight surgeon or anything else?? I know when I get my flight medical it costs about a $100 a pop. I'm making the assumption that everything is provided at no cost at the PEPC being that it is a hiring event, but if you have to go to non-FAA professionals for the Traditional routers, does the applicant (you and I) incur any costs?

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
it doesn't look like anyone has received confirmation back yet about the ATL PEPC. I got the email on 7/1 and replied almost immediately. I think we will see confirmations next week.

Now I've got a question hoping someone can answer. If we go Traditional do we have to pay to goo to the flight surgeon or anything else?? I know when I get my flight medical it costs about a $100 a pop. I'm making the assumption that everything is provided at no cost at the PEPC being that it is a hiring event, but if you have to go to non-FAA professionals for the Traditional routers, does the applicant (you and I) incur any costs?
I'm guessing the holiday weekend threw a wrench on anything further this week. Seems everyone was out of the office.

As far as I know the FAA covers all medical cost even for those who go the traditional route. If you go the traditional route, the FAA will direct you to the nearest Dr. they'll accept for your flight medical. However if for example you had a poor result on your EKG, you'd be expected to visit a cardiologist to have him check you out. Any additional visits like that are your expense.

BigBOSS

Gotta Keep 'em Seperated!
Aug 24, 2008
Austin, TX

Yeah, it's free. Once you setup your appointment with the doctor they assigned you the FAA tells you to call them back to give them the exact date and time of your appointment. They do this so they can send the doctor a waiver on the day of your appointment saying they are paying for everything.

mjh55404

Senior Analyst
Jul 3, 2009
OKC
I interviewed yesterday at ZSE and the gentleman told me if I can get into a PEPC do it for sure. He said that way your all set and you're paper work doesn't have the chance getting lost on someone's desk.
So was ZSE your first choice? Why were you forced to the traditional route?

I am in Seattle but was selected for Oakland Center... My number two preference. I completed the Chicago PEPC with a TOL.

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
Just got my confirmation email for the PEPC Atlanta... Tuesday, August 4th at 8:00am. Anyone been looking at hotels yet?
Mine is at 9 on the 3rd. I've been looking, there are a few decient ones under $100. Boomer was looking into getting us a deal. I just PMed him asking what's up with that.

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
Got mine for the 3rd at 9am also. It included three attachements for forms to be sent in.

TOWER_BOY1

Jun 10, 2009
brooklyn NY
i just got mine.....ATL here i come
air fare $0.00
hotel $0.00
transportation $0.00
working for the airlines, having friends with a car in ATL..priceless
for everything else.....lol

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
Any one look into a Hotel yet? I've got a couple that I've been looking at. I'll be booking a flight tonight but I want to hold off for a couple of more days on the hotel to see if Boomer can't get us a deal somewhere.

TOWER_BOY1

Jun 10, 2009
brooklyn NY
Yep my firend will be on vaca... She said i can crash at her crib and use her.....lucky huh..i hope my luck holds out...i would love fol

rostato

Jun 7, 2009
Just got confirmed for the 5 aug PEPC...filling out paper work now. See you there!