Hot of the Press.... To the CTI Schools

angelorozco101

Oct 27, 2011
🇺🇸
What I see coming from this:
1). More Veterans getting hired
2). A bit more diversity from the OTS hires
3). The caliber of CTI students hired will rise. (I.E. Most will have at least 4 year degrees, some will have Masters degrees, and many will have related FAA licenses and significant relevant work experience.)
Even though it's not what most of us want to hear. This is probably true:(

Plaaaane

Trusted Member
Apr 27, 2012
I like how people are saying what the point system is when they really have no idea.
I agree, and how does a points system that gives more points to those with higher degrees diversify anything? If they think it will, they should look at the demographics of who holds those higher degrees.

nhstadt

Epic Member
Mar 24, 2011
south "Murica
I like how people are saying what the point system is when they really have no idea.
Well, if its anything like any other government job(I think this is what they are aiming for), there is an established point system you can look up and see how much your degree is worth, as well as work experience and vet pref and what not.

No, I will not provide a link, google that shiz, I promise it exists.

jonieison

Rookie
Sep 22, 2008
Veterans have always received 5 or 10 points (depending on status) added to their Office of Personnel Management application for a federal job (includes 2152). It was like that back in the day before CTI, stayed the same during CTI and will remain in the future.

Note to those in the CTI program who feel they got shafted - go talk to your college faculty and adviser... they should have told you up front before you started your classes - CTI only gets you out of the 5-week Basics course, nothing more, nothing less.

robin0c5

Rookie
Apr 25, 2009
Next to this palm tree
Note to those in the CTI program who feel they got shafted - go talk to your college faculty and adviser... they should have told you up front before you started your classes - CTI only gets you out of the 5-week Basics course, nothing more, nothing less.
I was promised this...
Unicorns_and_Rainbows_by_bberry06.jpg

and so far I am very disappointed.

Hal9000

Newcomer
Nov 18, 2013
Climbed a mtn; didn't come down.
Nifty news. Assuming that the earth is still here in the very distant future (2 years-ish given my military schedule), that airplanes have not been replaced by teleportation, and that humanity has not been wiped out by an exotic strain of Marburg virus, I still won't know where this puts me as an ANG air traffic controller.

Luckily, as long as I'm not suffering from systemic organ failure, hurtling toward the moon a dislodged chunk of planet, or wondering how Star Trek got it right, I'll be content as long as I'm making enough to support a family and ramble about the less-traveled bits of the Rocky Mountains.

Of course, being an air traffic controller for the FAA was my massively prestigious hook that I was relying on to get Jennifer Lawrence to marry me, so I guess it is indeed exclusively gloom and doom now. I guess I'll leave my earthly possessions to the children that I'll never have. : ' (

Plaaaane

Trusted Member
Apr 27, 2012
Does anyone know if networking would be beneficial at all? Some of my good friends are computers and I was thinking about having them put in a good word for me to better my chances of getting selected.

Last edited:

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
So I'm kind of reading through this, and noticed the part where they're concerned about the dropout rate of African-Americans from 16.9% as freshman to 6.0% as seniors. I don't think that's a big deal at all, but whatever. Is there any numbers of the percentage of Blacks that start training at a facility and wash out vs any other race? I'm making these numbers up now, but say that 10% of blacks fail training, and 18% of whites fail training. Wouldn't that then be a barrier that puts whites at a disadvantage?

Basically, has there been any numbers put out that give the certification rates of all the races?

LyraM45

Mar 6, 2012
CA
It sounds like even non expired At-sat scores will not be considered.
Well, that really sucks. I gave up going to a friends bridal shower (I was a brides maid in her wedding) and spent about $500 on hotel/travel to fly to LA to take my ATSAT a few years ago. Glad that was all for something [/sarcasm]

LyraM45

Mar 6, 2012
CA
I'm happy that there's a bid, but I'm 10 minutes from the facility I want to work at, and I'd be rather peeved if I got told "michigan/montana/insert anywhere north or west of where I am now or nowhere". I'd still go, but I'm already right by a facility with need, and wouldn't have to move, saving both time and money for everyone involved.

Also, which sections of the AT-SAT count as cognitive? I thought the entire thing was a cognitive test.
I already work IN the facility I want to be at. If I get sent to BFE middle of Alaska nowhere, I am going to be pissed. Hopefully this fully automated system is not so automated that they take somebody like me, who would only have to switch desks by 10 feet, and put them in a facility across the country. I'm at ZOA-- it would be even funnier if that happened since it's not like they don't need the bodies or anything!

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
I already work IN the facility I want to be at. If I get sent to BFE middle of Alaska nowhere, I am going to be pissed. Hopefully this fully automated system is not so automated that they take somebody like me, who would only have to switch desks by 10 feet, and put them in a facility across the country. I'm at ZOA-- it would be even funnier if that happened since it's not like they don't need the bodies or anything!
And someone like me who is sitting in the middle of Alaska and send them to ZOA...