Housing at Academy

hayleyanne

Newcomer
Aug 1, 2016
Hello All.
My boyfriend will be starting his En Route Academy classes Nov 4th. We are very wary of all the hit or miss reviews for Isola Bella, and will be bringing our two cats, which takes Kims place out of the question.

We have our own cars, and have already booked a reservation for Peachtree Village, which we haven't been able to find any reviews for. Is there anyone who can relay any info of their stay there? Or are they too new?

Thank you!

nrmontfort

Newcomer
Jun 6, 2015
Hello All.
My boyfriend will be starting his En Route Academy classes Nov 4th. We are very wary of all the hit or miss reviews for Isola Bella, and will be bringing our two cats, which takes Kims place out of the question.

We have our own cars, and have already booked a reservation for Peachtree Village, which we haven't been able to find any reviews for. Is there anyone who can relay any info of their stay there? Or are they too new?

Thank you!
Please send your message again, I didn't receive it because my inbox was full

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

DRWebs

Newcomer
Jun 28, 2015
From those with experience, do apartment complexes there allow for leases shorter than standard 6 months? $1750 a month (58.20 x 30) seems like more than most apartment complexes are renting for but wondering if there's a ridiculous month to month premium that necessitates the FAA allotting that much

NBH

Newcomer
Apr 12, 2015
From those with experience, do apartment complexes there allow for leases shorter than standard 6 months? $1750 a month (58.20 x 30) seems like more than most apartment complexes are renting for but wondering if there's a ridiculous month to month premium that necessitates the FAA allotting that much
I found an apartment that allowed a 4 month lease but are no longer doing it. It does cost an it to turn on electricity and internet... there are bills but I save a ton.

DL0509

May 26, 2016
If you are looking for the cheapest easiest option look at places on Craigslist. By the time you pay for Internet, gas, water, electricity... you coming up a few dollars short of what youd be paying Kims Place.

kkolberga

May 23, 2012
If you are looking for the cheapest easiest option look at places on Craigslist. By the time you pay for Internet, gas, water, electricity... you coming up a few dollars short of what youd be paying Kims Place.

yea exactly, if you do something on Craigslist you'd be doing self pay, not FAA direct. You can do the same at Kim's place $39/day x 30 days = $1170

Klockwork

Newcomer
Jun 4, 2015
I'll be staying at cross timber apartments for personal reasons. When I explained my situation, I was offered a job transfer clause in my lease, which basically states that as long as I give 30 days notice I can break my lease without any penalties. I'd never heard of that before.

jkeis862

Rookie
Aug 25, 2017
Long Island, NY
Is there like a list of all the housing providers around the area? I only found the two from this website under the ‘ATC Housing’ tab at the top. I didn’t know if there was a separate website or something for that. Thanks.

Bdlb26

Rookie
Aug 16, 2016
Is there like a list of all the housing providers around the area? I only found the two from this website under the ‘ATC Housing’ tab at the top. I didn’t know if there was a separate website or something for that. Thanks.
If you go here and scroll down to the "housing" tab and click "hotels" that will take you to the list the faa provides. For some reason I can't get it to work on my phone but it was working from my computer earlier.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/arc/programs/academy/student_services/

ATC_ZORRILLA

Newcomer
Oct 31, 2016
Im currently at anatole.. newly renovated 1 bedroom apartment, 8 min drive to MMAC, balcony, bball court, gym, you should book here if you dont want roomates.

jkeis862

Rookie
Aug 25, 2017
Long Island, NY
If you go here and scroll down to the "housing" tab and click "hotels" that will take you to the list the faa provides. For some reason I can't get it to work on my phone but it was working from my computer earlier.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/arc/programs/academy/student_services/
Yes, thank you very much. I stumbled upon that website on my phone and was wondering why it wasn't working. It does work from a computer, I can confirm that.

jkeis862

Rookie
Aug 25, 2017
Long Island, NY
Im currently at anatole.. newly renovated 1 bedroom apartment, 8 min drive to MMAC, balcony, bball court, gym, you should book here if you dont want roomates.
Wow, that's pretty close. I don't know how far the other places are from MMAC. I haven't decided if I want a roommate or not, for studying purposes, but we shall see. Thank you!

DA2018

Newcomer
Nov 26, 2017
Anatole is your best option out here (with a roommate). You’ll pocket about $600 a month from your per diem and be literally 5 minutes from the academy. It’s right next to the freeway and on the same street as the academy. I have one of the sub contractors information and can probably get you a little discount if you let me know. Her names Amber.

Brewdude

Oct 31, 2008
Anatole is your best option out here (with a roommate). You’ll pocket about $600 a month from your per diem and be literally 5 minutes from the academy. It’s right next to the freeway and on the same street as the academy. I have one of the sub contractors information and can probably get you a little discount if you let me know. Her names Amber.
I pocketed 1600 at Kim’s.......

JNev

Sep 17, 2012
Baltimore/Philly
My wife moved from Kim's to Anatole during her stay (not because of the facilities or anything). Both were cool and I don't think anyone would dislike either. In my opinion Anatole was smaller but the place felt "nicer". It's location was great, Walmart, tons of food almost within walking distance and the academy is close too. Kim's was bigger and had more students staying there, definitely more camaraderie there and there was nothing wrong with the amenities, they just didn't stand out as "nice". Personally I don't think the difference in drive time matters all that much because you just end up planning your time around it. I don't think there's a wrong answer per se, just maybe one that fits certain people better than the other.

mike24601

Aug 7, 2017
I'm putting a lot of thought into this and I think when the time comes I'll go with Kim's. As long as I break-even or pocket a little bit each month I'm willing to spend more to not live in a sketchy area or have to drive far to MMAC. I just want a reasonably clean, quiet, comfy place to study and accomplish what I came for. From what I've read, students who live close to each other and study together seem to do better. Gotta increase your odds of success any way you can.