Housing at Academy

Brewdude

Oct 31, 2008
Do do you really? Details?

i just completed my CIL starting to do housing research
It’s how much I took home staying at Kim’s with their cheapest rate. 2000k left over in per down after paying them 1100ish for the month and about 400-500 pay checks every two weeks. 3k a month

FuturePilot4u

Rookie
Apr 3, 2014
Does Kims Place have central air A/C or do you need window air conditioners? If you opt for shuttle service on her website but still want to bring a car, will you still have access to a garage or are you placed in houses with no garage?

Thanks

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Does Kims Place have central air A/C or do you need window air conditioners? If you opt for shuttle service on her website but still want to bring a car, will you still have access to a garage or are you placed in houses with no garage?

Thanks
Yes to central air. I can't say for certain how she does it now but when I was there whoever had the master bedroom had to park outside (they got the bigger bedroom and attached bath). The other two got to park in the garage.

yoboiconnor

Dec 17, 2017
SLC, Utah
Random question.
I plan on bringing my wife with me, and we will each bring a car as she plans on getting a part time job. If I pass I will drive straight to wherever I get assigned. Do all of the main places (anatole, isola bella and kims) allow 2 cars?

apeksatc82

Newcomer
Mar 21, 2012
If you bring your wife to Kim's then you will have to get your own house meaning you have the whole garage and driveway to yourselves. Not sure about the other places.

altonb2

Jan 23, 2014
Pensacola, Fl
Random question.
I plan on bringing my wife with me, and we will each bring a car as she plans on getting a part time job. If I pass I will drive straight to wherever I get assigned. Do all of the main places (anatole, isola bella and kims) allow 2 cars?
Anatole has the typical first come first serve apartment parking but you do have the option to renting a carport. Most people that i know that brought spouses stayed at a place on craigslist

yoboiconnor

Dec 17, 2017
SLC, Utah
Thanks for the info guys. I'll definitely have to consider craigslist too. I just plan on group studying as much as I can so I wanna stay a little closer to the class.

heathmall

Rookie
Aug 7, 2009
I am leaving the academy today after a 3 week stay for tsew. I stayed at A&T corporate housing at Anatole. It was absolutely terrible. When I arrived it smelled like cigarettes and overly strong air freshener. The carpet was filthy, the sheets were stained with what appeared to be blood, the bath tub had a brown color and mildew, the walls had hand smears on them and the two beds were both a mattress on top of a metal stand with no box springs. The beds were very uncomfortable. I started having respiratory problems after a few days there and when I checked the air filter it was covered in brown. We had the filters changed. The owner of A&T told me that they change the filters every six months. She had a maintenance guy from the apartment clean the carpet. He did get some of the stains up but there was still anilmal hair and human hair all in the carpet and the smell remained. The owner brought new sheets and bath rugs. I stayed as long as I could stand to bc I had already paid for the entire stay. I spent the remainder of my time at the embassey suites on my own dime. The embassey suites had very comfortable beds, seemed very clean, was quiet and had a happy hour with free drinks. They also had a full breakfast for free each morning. I’m not big on leaving bad reviews but I don’t want anyone else to have to stay at A&T corporate housing.

starterman

Rookie
Jan 7, 2017
I am leaving the academy today after a 3 week stay for tsew. I stayed at A&T corporate housing at Anatole. It was absolutely terrible. When I arrived it smelled like cigarettes and overly strong air freshener. The carpet was filthy, the sheets were stained with what appeared to be blood, the bath tub had a brown color and mildew, the walls had hand smears on them and the two beds were both a mattress on top of a metal stand with no box springs. The beds were very uncomfortable. I started having respiratory problems after a few days there and when I checked the air filter it was covered in brown. We had the filters changed. The owner of A&T told me that they change the filters every six months. She had a maintenance guy from the apartment clean the carpet. He did get some of the stains up but there was still anilmal hair and human hair all in the carpet and the smell remained. The owner brought new sheets and bath rugs. I stayed as long as I could stand to bc I had already paid for the entire stay. I spent the remainder of my time at the embassey suites on my own dime. The embassey suites had very comfortable beds, seemed very clean, was quiet and had a happy hour with free drinks. They also had a full breakfast for free each morning. I’m not big on leaving bad reviews but I don’t want anyone else to have to stay at A&T corporate housing.
Nooooo! I am booked through them for August 30 !!! May need to reconsider to Kim’s place.

altonb2

Jan 23, 2014
Pensacola, Fl
Did you stay at the North or South complex?

jbell

Jan 19, 2017
Wow that sounds horrible. I stayed with them for 4 months, at the first of this year. I never had any of what you explained. It was really clean. That's crazy that happened. Not sure why it was not properly cleaned sounds like they never had it cleaned before you moved in but it should have been taken care of same day, or moved to another apartment.

sunshine333

Newcomer
Mar 23, 2018
Hey,
It's Michelle with Isola Bella. Keep us in mind for your housing option. I have an awesome rate of $35.71 per night. Our hotel section is currently under renovations and we will have another 5 buildings completed by September. It's a slow process but they are looking so great. We also have a new chef in our kitchen who is preparing meals from scratch for the breakfast and dinner's we provide for you each week. There are so many things we offer that other communities don't. If you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out to me. I would love to hear from you. You can really pocket your per diem with us.

Take care and hope to hear from you soon! mfalls@myisolabella.com

Michelle
What is the rate for a 2 bedroom apartment? Do you assist in finding a roommate?

srevers

Newcomer
Oct 14, 2010
[FONT=&quot]If anyone is headed to the Academy and looking for a recommendation on where to stay, I would highly recommend booking at Anatole via Zoe Homes OKC (Welcome). I graduated last week, and stayed there for the 3 months I was in OKC. I would definitely stay there again, and would book again through Zoe Homes. The complex is extremely conveniently located - About a 10 min drive to MMAC and about 5 mins to stores and restaurants. Apartment was clean, fully furnished (with nice furniture!), and had every needed amenity. Zoe Homes was so friendly and easy to work with... Definitely check them out if you need a place to stay![/FONT]

thomaspost

Newcomer
May 14, 2017
Has anyone stayed with 22 modern living before? I booked a stay with them for the academy. Pictures look great but would like to know of any insight from recent people who’ve stayed there!
Thank you!

Winterone

Newcomer
Jan 26, 2019
I highly recommend staying at Anatole, I went through the sub leasor, 22 Modern Living (one if the best), and they were kind enough to let me stay for free during the lengthy government shutdown. Anatole is probably the closest you can get to the academy, the complex is also on the shuttle route!

jared.ndiba

Newcomer
Mar 24, 2018
Looking into housing now for my 3/12/19-6/5/19 terminal class. It seems like everyone recommends Kim's for cheap but clean and nicely furnished stays? I own my own house and live alone so my biggest concern is having to deal with roommates lol. I'm guessing since most people are there for training it's not a big deal, but I'm sure there are some horror stories out there lol.
I’m thinking of staying at Kim’s place as well. I’ve heard good things about it. My class date is March 27th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skyharborbound

Newcomer
Aug 18, 2008
Staying at Isola Bella for RTF 7/26/19 then the advanced course 8/30/-9/30. I have a one bedroom booked now, but would be ok with a cool roommate and a 2 bedroom. Summer into fall, so I won't be in the apartment a whole lot I'm sure. Let me know.

N603NH

Apr 11, 2015
Earth
I've been told by a provider that the FAA is eliminating the self pay option effective 6/1. Essentially, no more pocketing extra per-diem. Use it or loose it now. Any official word from the FAA on this?