Houston Center - ZHU

irishatc

Jun 20, 2008
I am a controller at Zhu and have been here for just over 6 years. I am in the Austin area. Previously I was at MLU level 6 up down facility. I would be glad to answer any specific Zhu questions you may have. It is probably better to email me to ensure I see your questions sooner, but I will try to get on here every so often to respond to pm.

As for Zhu hiring most of our hires are new hires. We have gotten a few swaps lately and will be getting some transfers this year also. Transferring from another type of facility is helpful in some aspects and others it is not. Just be receptive to trainers inputs and ask for any help you may think you need.

Chris
Cwalden3@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

Why is it that you neverrrrr answer shout lines?

mcdermoa

Newcomer
Apr 11, 2012
Just had interview for ZHU in ZJX last week. Filled out pre-ToL papers and sent them in today! Hoping these next steps go by quickly!

GoTigersGo

Rookie
Aug 5, 2009
ZME
I am a controller at Zhu and have been here for just over 6 years. I am in the Austin area. Previously I was at MLU level 6 up down facility. I would be glad to answer any specific Zhu questions you may have. It is probably better to email me to ensure I see your questions sooner, but I will try to get on here every so often to respond to pm.

As for Zhu hiring most of our hires are new hires. We have gotten a few swaps lately and will be getting some transfers this year also. Transferring from another type of facility is helpful in some aspects and others it is not. Just be receptive to trainers inputs and ask for any help you may think you need.

Chris
Cwalden3@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

Do you have any idea when the arbitration decision will be made on ZHU being a 12?

Cwalden

Newcomer
Apr 7, 2012
The Arbitration for level 12 is in early December. There is no telling how long before the arbitrator rules.

Cwalden

Newcomer
Apr 7, 2012
Why is it that you neverrrrr answer shout lines?
I would say we do but just like everyone else we also have other things going on which may delay our time to answer the line. This is not the first I have been asked about this. I have looked in to it and once I compared answer times it seems our average time for answering the line is about the same as all the other facilities adjacent to us. It just seems a lot longer when you are the one waiting for someone else to answer the line.

Jerrod

Newcomer
Jun 15, 2008
Hey guys,
I'm a CPC at ZAB ARTCC and looking to transfer to ZHU. Do any of you already working there have an idea if ZHU is accepting transfers? I'm a union member, and I'll probably go try and talk to someone here on my end, but I'm trying to get a feel for the needs of the facility first. Thanks.

Cwalden

Newcomer
Apr 7, 2012
yes we are in need of controllers. We have, in the recent past and I'm sure more in the future, picked up multiple ERR. We have several people from ZAB here.

Jerrod

Newcomer
Jun 15, 2008
Thanks Cwalden,
Could you possibly pm me with a name, or contact information for whomever is responsible for ERR's at ZHU? Thanks. I know two people from my area specifically have transferred in the last two years or so.

AC2

Rookie
Nov 17, 2011
Does anyone have any updated info for Houston ARTCC? Hows training, how many new hires ZHU will get this fiscal year, etc? Thanks in advance.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 11, 2008
Please do not use this thread for swap requests and TOL information. You can refer to the sticky in this thread.

Jrkotz

Newcomer
Apr 13, 2011
Any info on how things are at ZHU these days? Staffing levels, training success/washout rate?

thanks!

VetteDoctero6

Newcomer
Feb 28, 2014
So it looks like I'll be on my way to ZHU in 5 weeks time, is there anyway someone could repost the ZHU Welcome Guide? Thanks in advance!