Houston Center - ZHU

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
It's not in the Houston area but not far east of there is BPT. Could potentially get that.

shaewrightt

Rookie
Aug 29, 2016
because training is so backed up, what are all those 100+ trainees doing to move forward or keep busy??????

ehmeye

Newcomer
Feb 7, 2016
Many of the trainees are in different stages of training on position. And some are upstairs in the classroom, some are in the simulators, and some are upstairs preparing for the classroom. And some are on the floor running strips for 5-6 more months until they go upstairs to prepare for classroom.

KeelowJay90

Dec 4, 2014
'Merica
Hey guys, I'm new to this whole En Route ATC thing. Does a trainee get rated when they check out on the D-sides and R-sides of every single sector in the facility? Or are you just assigned to an with x amount of sectors and make that your responsibility?

3J026

Newcomer
Jun 1, 2015
Hey guys, I'm new to this whole En Route ATC thing. Does a trainee get rated when they check out on the D-sides and R-sides of every single sector in the facility? Or are you just assigned to an with x amount of sectors and make that your responsibility?
You get assigned to an area with X amount of sectors that you must certify on.

jholw311

Trusted Contributor
May 27, 2009
PARKER, COLORADO
How is the status of the level 12 coming along? I heard IAH is going to bedowngraded to a 11 recently so I am not sure if that will help with the cause or not. Also I am just curious what a seniority date of 11/2011 would be like at ZHU. I know it depends on area. But with that many trainees my seniority may go way up. I am still 3 from the bottom here at ZDV and not moving up anytime soon!! Any info would be appreciated. Thanks