How much does life insurance cost in the FAA?

rostato

Jun 7, 2009
I got my FOL, and class date. So, I'm going through EODS and filling out paperwork when something dawned on me.

As far as health and life insurance goes, I can find thousands of pages of info about how great these insurance providers are and what they do and do not cover, but I cannot find anything telling me how much this stuff is gonna cost.

Where do I find out how much everything costs? I know I'm missing something, but I cannot find it.

Feel free to laugh if need be, but I need to be budget conscious for the next few years. The bay area is crazy expensive.

rostato

Jun 7, 2009
Re: A very stupid question...

Thanks. That would have been a great link for them to send with my FOL...

daveozzie999

Aug 15, 2009
MRY

I got my FOL, and class date. So, I'm going through EODS and filling out paperwork when something dawned on me.

As far as health and life insurance goes, I can find thousands of pages of info about how great these insurance providers are and what they do and do not cover, but I cannot find anything telling me how much this stuff is gonna cost.

Where do I find out how much everything costs? I know I'm missing something, but I cannot find it.

Feel free to laugh if need be, but I need to be budget conscious for the next few years. The bay area is crazy expensive.

I'm headed to a level 5 in the bay area. :( What facility are you destined for out there? I visited a bunch of them last summer.

vvatc

Dec 14, 2009
Palmdale, CA

There are no stupid questions.......just ERAU grads.
"If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?" Scott Adams, Dilbert

daveozzie999

Aug 15, 2009
MRY

ZOA............
I toured that facility while I was out there too. Oceanic actually looked kind of interesting despite all the talk about how much it sucks. Their computer software is kind of legit. Good luck there buddy.

daveozzie999

Aug 15, 2009
MRY

Level 5? Do you pay the FAA to work that traffic?
Damn near... Luckily the district manager (assuming he stays there long enough) wants me to try to promote into management in his district so I won't be on the poverty pay scale for too terribly long hopefully.

Last edited:

rostato

Jun 7, 2009

I toured that facility while I was out there too. Oceanic actually looked kind of interesting despite all the talk about how much it sucks. Their computer software is kind of legit. Good luck there buddy.
Thanks. I've never been to Cali before, so it should be fun.

keithkeys

Trusted Contributor
Feb 13, 2009
Somewhere out There

Damn near... Luckily the district manager (assuming he stays there long enough) wants me to try to promote into management in his district so I won't be on the poverty pay scale for too terrible long hopefully.
Another example of controllers that can't hack it attempting to look over our shoulder and tell us how to do what they CAN'T. F%$^ UP... MOVE UP! LOVE IT...... Just another tie. Get off my floor, stay in your hole.

daveozzie999

Aug 15, 2009
MRY

Another example of controllers that can't hack it attempting to look over our shoulder and tell us how to do what they CAN'T. F%$^ UP... MOVE UP! LOVE IT...... Just another tie. Get off my floor, stay in your hole.
Follow the money trail.

STL2CVG

Senior Analyst
Feb 2, 2009
Cincinnati

I am soooooo happy we don't have the management issues you seem to have at your facility. #Thankfulformyfacility