How old are most of you on SM?

GLHoisington

Rookie
Jun 8, 2011
Go FAA, Not DOD. DoD is ok to wait for the FAA. You lose to much money! Most of the bosses do not know if your a good/bad controller, they use to contol. They may not come to the tower/radar room. what say you?

liondave

Oct 23, 2009
Go FAA, Not DOD. DoD is ok to wait for the FAA. You lose to much money! Most of the bosses do not know if your a good/bad controller, they use to contol. They may not come to the tower/radar room. what say you?
I read that twice and either that was meant as a riddle, or I'm new to the English language...

Dec 8, 2010
Panama City
24 in November this year and 2 years left in my enlistment.. Keeping fingers crossed for improved economy over next 2 years and attemp FAA otherwise might be a 20 year retiree... oy vey

j_time41

Senior Analyst
Nov 17, 2008
Lakeville, MN
wow this thread is old!! just clicked 26 and been in one year at my tower yesterday. Managed to get my tower cert and training on radar at the moment.

VM_AIRBOSS

Dec 28, 2009
Melbourne, FL
48- retired Marine ATC tower/radar, with 29 years ATC experience, the last 5 as a DoD/Civilian living the good life near the beach in Florida working for the USAF and towards another retirement check, to go along with my military and VA pensions. Yeah Baby, who needs Social Security! LOL!

dfiantii

Jun 8, 2009
37 on the overseas contract track till the near future. Still applying for Contract Twrs stateside and DOD slots if their willing to give waivers.