How to Fly Broke

ibatu

Newcomer
Mar 22, 2015
South Florida
Hey started this thread because I keep seeing the same recurrent them: "to broke to fly"

There are some financial help out there (I'm more familiar with the college scholarships, and training grants so bear with me), but hopefully I will be posting scholarships and some grants that some body here will take advantage of.

ibatu

Newcomer
Mar 22, 2015
South Florida
Women in Aviation
https://www.wai.org/education/scholarships.cfm

Has over 100 scholarships- Mechanics, tuition, flight, training, even type ratings. You do not have to be a woman to apply- but you do have to join. Scholarships typically open around August- and close in November. I recommend getting the auto renewal because it'll get you $5 off membership.

ibatu

Newcomer
Mar 22, 2015
South Florida

AdamTheAviator

Newcomer
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
When I applied for scholarships back in 2005. The only one that came back to me was $500 from the Gay pilots association of America. I never accepted it because I wasn't sure if I met their prerequisites...

Oct 6, 2016
Bay Area
The perfect place for me I just found. Found the force I need I have.
Back on stuckmic and tried once before to travel private flight. Wanting to continue the adventure despite other persons coming in and out of my life.
Recent private pilot, three time tandem skydiver, automotive racer.
Have history in error with how much I have flown before so excuse the banter from the last. Hook it up with whatever you can.