Humor: ATC Bathroom Resolution

dheminger

Newcomer
Aug 17, 2009
So I work at SHV as an ATC. And numerous times I walk into a situation(the bathroom) that involves potential sick leave request. Here was my solution to the problem. :8

Attachments

Radium

Epic Member
Jan 14, 2009
Lol. So I have my favorite stall @ sct, every once and a while a mystery guy uses the one next to it and talks on the phone (I'm down for duce texting, but not calling).
So when this happens, I make sure to walk into the stall next to him and flush multiple times (our toilets flush so hard/loud its kinda impressive).
I always hope it makes his conversation super awkward

atcguruaf

Rico Suave
Jan 4, 2009
Right here
I'm just glad we have multiple bathrooms on various floors. Sometimes, I'll even use the "family" bathroom for added privacy...

JumperBones

Reft crosed trafficah
Dec 22, 2008
Too sixah reft
Lol. So I have my favorite stall @ sct, every once and a while a mystery guy uses the one next to it and talks on the phone (I'm down for duce texting, but not calling).
So when this happens, I make sure to walk into the stall next to him and flush multiple times (our toilets flush so hard/loud its kinda impressive).
I've never understood toilet talkers; it's just one of those things I won't do.

scope dope

the worst cpc you know
Feb 20, 2009
I've been paged to call the supe on the crapper and then catch shit because I didn't call RIGHT AWAY!!!!!

I too flush a lot when there's a bathroom talker.

killswitch

Tin Pusher
Sep 12, 2008
Ohio
We only have one female in our facility (secretary.) So on the weekends when I work, my favorite pass time is to drop a deuce in the ladies room and leave a trail for Monday!

BruinsZ8W

Rookie
Apr 17, 2011
zbw
so that's you? yes, it does make it awkward. thanks a lot!

meanjoe

Trusted Member
Apr 23, 2011
We have an unofficial policy for tower shifts that I like to call the "shipmate" clause(what can I say I'm a squid at heart) . The shipmate clause states that before you leave the cab to destroy the shitter you must offer all coworkers the opportunity to piss. Failure to do so WILL result in unrelenting shame and ridicule from everybody for your one way behavior.

ATCBandit

Newcomer
Apr 11, 2012
So one of the more seasoned controllers at our facility was telling a story.
He is a retired chief working at our VV facility. when he was up in the tower they would not have a relief to go to the bathroom. So what they would do is take a piss in the sink. Didnt seem like a problem, howver over time the pipe in the back of the sink broke and this foul smell came out. they had a difficult time controlling with such a disgusting smell and they had someone come out to inspect where the smell was coming from. long story short the tower was evaced and the people in the tower had to be decontaminated out on the flight line.

Ice_cold656

Epic Member
Jun 12, 2010
Bout to be out this B
Around here the invidual private bathroom by the ETG lab and right outside the control room floor probably sees 100-200 operations a day. Mostly IFR traffic. it blows when you're on a IFR flight plan cleared direct only to go into holding because of severe thunderstorms right over the airport. There is an unspoken but acknowledged competition to see who can create the hardest IMC and make sure people have to fly through it. The real champions of this make the entire hall into a fog bank. It's always a relief when some come comes out and say's "VFR", which is seldom.

lecoyle

I'm Banned For Unrespectable Reasons
Apr 17, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Around here the invidual private bathroom by the ETG lab and right outside the control room floor probably sees 100-200 operations a day. Mostly IFR traffic. it blows when you're on a IFR flight plan cleared direct only to go into holding because of severe thunderstorms right over the airport. There is an unspoken but acknowledged competition to see who can create the hardest IMC and make sure people have to fly through it. The real champions of this make the entire hall into a fog bank. It's always a relief when some come comes out and say's "VFR", which is seldom.
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :rotf: That's a kneeslapper! So glad I'm going to a large facility where there will be many bathrooms!!!