I applied while on active duty

delano

Rookie
Feb 6, 2009
OK
I applied for pubnat 7, I'm on active duty until September. If I'm selected should I attend the PEPC? I mean shouldn't the academy class date start after that?

SmartBlonde1214

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2009
Florida
Re: I applied

You may not get a PEPC until after that. I mean, this process takes so long. Took 5 months alone to notify me that I could take the AT-SAT. Doesnt take that long for everyone, but theres a good chance youll be okay.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X

More like 97+.
Nah. I've seen lower. All 90+, though.

So I'm coming to the realization that, since I'll now be group with PUBNAT5/6 due to being passed over, I'll be "competing" with people who took advantage of that long-ass guide I wrote on the AT-SAT. While I don't have delusions of that being a huge influence causing the complete recurving of AT-SAT scores or anything, I think it's possible that it bumped up a few scores by a point here and there... thereby creating a slightly larger group of people who did better than me.

Stupid altruism.

The Heatles

Loving Life
Jun 15, 2008
Miami, FL

Active Duty until Sept... if you are a controller then apply VRA and skip the PEPC. Do it the traditional way. If you arent a mililtary controller then just ignore everything I say.

And always ignore EVERYTHING that ammolite says, always.

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009

More like 97+.
My friend passed with an 87%. He is headed to the academy at the end of the month, and he is going to be working in Chicago center. In the FAA eyes an 88 is the same as a 98, as far as I understand.

delano

Rookie
Feb 6, 2009
OK
I was selected a while back for SEA. I was too far from the day I get out, so I had to tell them I couldn't attend the PEPC. And I've already taken the test. WELL QUALIFIED.

Roddy_Piper

Resident Knucklehead
Jun 15, 2008
Vegas baby
www.myspace.com
u can safely attend a PEPC if u separate within 2 months. u know u can always ask to push the academy date back. that way u'll be all done with everything and just waiting to separate and a class date after your out.

A

Ammolite

My friend passed with an 87%. He is headed to the academy at the end of the month, and he is going to be working in Chicago center. In the FAA eyes an 88 is the same as a 98, as far as I understand.
You all can say that to death -- "I know someone who had a 76 and got xyz", "I know someone with an 85 who got zyx" but with each announcement, we see more and more people with 90+ scores not get shit. There were people with 98s and 100s not getting anything this time, and last.

Your mileage is going to vary, of course, but...to really have a solid shot at anything, you need a 97+.

damn...ouch. ammo is way cool.
Thanks, Roddy.

delano

Rookie
Feb 6, 2009
OK
You have been identified to interview for an en route air traffic control
position. You will be contacted by a representative of the Air Traffic
Organization to schedule an interview or to
invite you to attend one of the Preemployment Processing Centers.

As the HRS responsible for hiring you, it is imperative all communication
regarding the hiring process (accepting or declining the position,
clearances, class dates, etc.) be conducted with me. This will ensure we
have accurate information from you during the hiring process and allow us
to schedule you to attend the FAA Academy at the earliest possible date.

This was for the last one I applied for. Too far out to attend, so I should be good for PUBNAT7

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009

You all can say that to death -- "I know someone who had a 76 and got xyz", "I know someone with an 85 who got zyx" but with each announcement, we see more and more people with 90+ scores not get shit. There were people with 98s and 100s not getting anything this time, and last.
He got selected from the last announcment, so it's not like he was pubnat 1 or anything.