I got the email!!!!

jalvis81

May 4, 2009
just checked it, it says is that i was selected for TN.... GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!!! Im interviewing at the Birmingham Control Tower Traditional, does this mean Im going to a terminal?????

Last edited:

DylanFan

Newcomer
Aug 23, 2009
SC
I just got mine as well. It came at 5:03 EST. Since I was selected for Virginia and it told me I have to interview at an enroute facility, I'm assuming I was selected for Washington Center, even though it doesn't say that in the e-mail.

For everyone out there still waiting, here's a quick summary of my application. I'm a CTI graduate who has been working as a professional pilot since I graduated in 2007. I took the AT-SAT in 2007 and scored an 89.9. After the new contract came out last August, I applied to the CTI announcement and only chose Virginia as a preference.

Good luck everyone and congrats to those who have received their e-mails!

jalvis81

May 4, 2009
Guys, does it mean I've been selected at a terminal if I am interviewing at Birmingham Control Tower?? Seems like if i was picked up enroute i would go to Atlanta Center...

DylanFan

Newcomer
Aug 23, 2009
SC
Mine is identical to yours except it says Virginia in the first sentence where yours says Tennessee and number three is different:

3. Tell us if the facility and location identified for your interview are satisfactory or if another facility and location are preferable. EnRoute candidates must interview at an EnRoute facility. Our system identifies the closest facility with an authorized interviewer to your current address.
I might call tomorrow and ask. :confused:

Edit: My ASAP still looks like it did the day referral lists came out, so anyone who was checking that can stop.

May 20, 2009
Florida
I got my email saying I was selected for Florida and am interviewing at ZJX in Hilliard. I graduated CTI in May 2009 from Florida Community College at Jacksonville and interned both unpaid and paid at ZJX. I am a instrument rated private pilot and scored 99 on my AT-SAT.

noeflys84

Newcomer
Nov 11, 2008
Chicago, IL
This what my email said "Terminal candidates must interview at an terminal facility." So this prob means enroute candidates must interview at a center then.

arg3b

Feb 16, 2009
Memphis, TN
I got my email... scored an 83 on the AT-SAT in Feb 2007, graduated from Middle Tennessee State University in December 2008, and now Im going to Memphis Center.

No military background.

ATCtower

Epic Member
Oct 26, 2008
Guys, does it mean I've been selected at a terminal if I am interviewing at Birmingham Control Tower?? Seems like if i was picked up enroute i would go to Atlanta Center...
Yes, terminal candidates must interview in a terminal environment (set aside special circumstances), and enroute candidates must interview at an enroute location.

Congrats to all of you. If you get to OKC before me, I will beat you up ;)

MTCTIGUY

Trusted Contributor
Jun 19, 2008
The 'Boro
I got my email... scored an 83 on the AT-SAT in Feb 2007, graduated from Middle Tennessee State University in December 2008, and now Im going to Memphis Center.

No military background.
Congrats man!! Hope you enjoy things at Memphis ARTCC. On a side note, right now I'm hating the layout of Denver airport. First St Louis' airspace, now Denver's massive layout........... Yeah!

Ironsides70

Rookie
Jun 29, 2009
Bowie, MD
Mine is identical to yours except it says Virginia in the first sentence where yours says Tennessee and number three is different:

I might call tomorrow and ask. :confused:

Edit: My ASAP still looks like it did the day referral lists came out, so anyone who was checking that can stop.
Looks like you probably got ZDC. That's what I wanted, but it looks like I'm going terminal since I'm interviewing at BWI. I'll be a little worried if I get PCT, since I hear it is a beast.

arg3b

Feb 16, 2009
Memphis, TN
Congrats man!! Hope you enjoy things at Memphis ARTCC. On a side note, right now I'm hating the layout of Denver airport. First St Louis' airspace, now Denver's massive layout........... Yeah!
Thank you for the words!

KDEN is one spread out airport... plus 6 runways... thats rough, but in my opinion, a fun airport to do a project on.