I Just Took the ATSAT This Morning. Anyone Have Questions?

chrsgddrd

Newcomer
Jul 17, 2015
I'm willing to answer anything. I know a lot of stuff has been answered already, but I thought I'd give my two cents.

Took the ATSAT as of 0900 7/16/15.

Michael

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2011
Florida
Aaaaand now we wait and see if it takes 90 days from today to find anything out. I'm just going to expect that so IF we hear anything sooner, I'll be more excited/relieved.

rdyotz

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2014
Arizona
When I took my test, it said up to 90 days from today (as in the day I took it) not from the final test date. That being said, I fully expect it to be done far sooner than that.

brucerey43

May 22, 2015
If it helps I took the test June 20th. I called FAA HR this Tuesday and rep sounded like results would be via email/usa jobs as early as 1-2 weeks from end of testing. I don't think its anywhere near 90 days, but more likely by 2nd week of August.

flying-high-4ATC

Jul 6, 2014
Iowa
In 2013 it was about 10 days give or take. We should our result within the next 2 weeks.
The referral list came out about two weeks after the last AT-SAT test, last year if I remember correctly. It was about a month after that we started to see TOLs and PTOLs. If your bid follows the same process, those selected beyond the referral list will either get a TOL which means you immediately start drug test, class II medical, MMPI and background/security or a PTOL indicating when you should expect a full TOL. The PTOLs indicated a date range, eg Jan-Mar; Mar-Jun, etc. Don't expect any of this to be a quick turnaround........if you're one of the lucky few to get a TOL, I still wouldn't plan on being at the Academy until 2016.

neverlift

Jun 9, 2015
The Danger Zone
Yea that's what I heard form hr that referral list should be done by the end on the month and the tools should start rolling out end of August to sept.

Plaaaane

Trusted Member
Apr 27, 2012
The referral list came out about two weeks after the last AT-SAT test, last year if I remember correctly. It was about a month after that we started to see TOLs and PTOLs. If your bid follows the same process, those selected beyond the referral list will either get a TOL which means you immediately start drug test, class II medical, MMPI and background/security or a PTOL indicating when you should expect a full TOL. The PTOLs indicated a date range, eg Jan-Mar; Mar-Jun, etc. Don't expect any of this to be a quick turnaround........if you're one of the lucky few to get a TOL, I still wouldn't plan on being at the Academy until 2016.
Does anyone know what separates those on the referral list who manage to get a TOL and those who don't? Does anyone have any accurate numbers as to how many TOL's will be given out vs how many people took the AT-SAT? I'm trying to figure out if I should be excited at all yet.

flying-high-4ATC

Jul 6, 2014
Iowa
Yea that's what I heard form hr that referral list should be done by the end on the month and the tools should start rolling out end of August to sept.
I just read someone's comment on another thread where they said that they thought everyone who passed the AT-SAT last year was selected. That wasn't the case and it won't be this year either. I believe the original 26k or 27k applicants was culled down to around 3k after the bio and further culled after the AT-SAT to less than 2k. Of those 2k, the FAA has hired around 1000 I believe. Getting referred after the AT-SAT means nothing till you get a TOL or PTOL. Even then, you still have a lot that can trip you up both medically/psychologically or background......get excited after you have the TOL ;-)

neverlift

Jun 9, 2015
The Danger Zone
I just read someone's comment on another thread where they said that they thought everyone who passed the AT-SAT last year was selected. That wasn't the case and it won't be this year either. I believe the original 26k or 27k applicants was culled down to around 3k after the bio and further culled after the AT-SAT to less than 2k. Of those 2k, the FAA has hired around 1000 I believe. Getting referred after the AT-SAT means nothing till you get a TOL or PTOL. Even then, you still have a lot that can trip you up both medically/psychologically or background......get excited after you have the TOL ;-)
i wasnt infering that everyone was going to get them just what the faa lady had told me when i talked to her the other day about timeframes.