IAP Hiring

Wolfman21

May 20, 2009
Cleveland, OH
Is there a trick to getting hired by IAP? I am more than qualified for their overseas positions and yet I don't seem even get a look. I have my CTO and I've worked overseas in both Iraq and Afghanistan before. Anyone got any tips? I know with Midwest you had to keep bugging the Hiring manager, but I don't know if that works with a large company like IAP.

I sent in my resume in Dec (don't remember when) of 2016 and was first contacted by their recruiter on Dec 21st, and was offered a spot in Herat on Feb 11 of 2017, if that helps at all. I didn't end up taking the job though. How long ago did you apply?

Wolfman21

May 20, 2009
Cleveland, OH
I have been sending my resume in for various job posting since late november. I did hear something from them in early January, but nothing since. However, after hearing what you have said it sounds like it may be another month before I hear something then.

Navyskycop

Newcomer
Jun 26, 2011
You need to know someone in the company or at a particular facility to help push your app to the top. The site manager will have the ultimate say, but having someone to vouch for you is key to getting to the top of the stack. Keeping in contact with the stateside HR will ensure that your app makes it to every job fill.