If you are waiting on your security clearances...

ATCracer

Rookie
Feb 3, 2009
South Florida
Call your person of contact. I have been waiting since I submitted my forms back in July and all my HR rep has been telling me is "still waiting still waiting still waiting." Well I took it upon myself to find out whats going on.

Inside the e-mail or package your HR rep sent you is the part of the info for whom you send your security forms to. So i took her name and put it in the FAA employee database search and it came up with her office number. She called me back today and told me that my security has been cleared since july 20th.

So I just sent another e-mail to my HR rep telling her i'm cleared and to call the security lady if there is still a contradiction in the system. Hopefully she can get this taken care of quickly and get me moving a little faster towards OKC. But we shall see. I'll post up once I hear back from her.

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
Call your person of contact. I have been waiting since I submitted my forms back in July and all my HR rep has been telling me is "still waiting still waiting still waiting." Well I took it upon myself to find out whats going on.

Inside the e-mail or package your HR rep sent you is the part of the info for whom you send your security forms to. So i took her name and put it in the FAA employee database search and it came up with her office number. She called me back today and told me that my security has been cleared since july 20th.

So I just sent another e-mail to my HR rep telling her i'm cleared and to call the security lady if there is still a contradiction in the system. Hopefully she can get this taken care of quickly and get me moving a little faster towards OKC. But we shall see. I'll post up once I hear back from her.
I hope your H.R. is not S.F.......She's out all week :(

ATCracer

Rookie
Feb 3, 2009
South Florida
I hope your H.R. is not S.F.......She's out all week :(
nope. She is J.M. She has been 100% impossible to reach via phone since june, but is rather responsive by e-mail so I should hear back from her today. I've asked her almost every other week how far along my application is so hopefully she isn't too sick of me yet. lol

ATCracer

Rookie
Feb 3, 2009
South Florida
They received all my clearances!!!!!!!! She said all they are going to do now is find a class date for me and i'll have 30-60 days before my class date to receive my FOL. We will see how true that is.

So what did I learn from this? Dont wait for them! be proactive! lol.

NiaX

Trusted Contributor
Sep 28, 2009
Derby City
well thats good that you found that tidbit of info.

Would that info that you found only be available via the PEPC route?

lunchbox

Asst to Regional Manager
Jun 2, 2009
Port Orange, FL
cost for gas to drive to the facility for interview and medical tests vs. PEPC where you have to fly or drive and probably a hotel... traditional probably will cost you less money in the end.

NiaX

Trusted Contributor
Sep 28, 2009
Derby City
cost for gas to drive to the facility for interview and medical tests vs. PEPC where you have to fly or drive and probably a hotel... traditional probably will cost you less money in the end.
all the numerous tests is what I was wondering about the costs on your own vs PEPC...

and you're speaking about having an interview at the facility of the applicant's choosing or a diff facility?

and this takes place after panels, correct?

lunchbox

Asst to Regional Manager
Jun 2, 2009
Port Orange, FL
they pay for everything as far as tests.. just get yourself there. as for interview... if you are picked for a center then they will find the closest center to you and you will motor on over, at your own cost, and interview. ie. i was originally going the traditional route and selected for Denver Center but live in Florida so I was scheduled to drive to Jacksonville Center to do my interview. If you are selected for tower then you will interview at the closest one. And yes, several months after panels.

NiaX

Trusted Contributor
Sep 28, 2009
Derby City
they pay for everything as far as tests.. just get yourself there. as for interview... if you are picked for a center then they will find the closest center to you and you will motor on over, at your own cost, and interview. ie. i was originally going the traditional route and selected for Denver Center but live in Florida so I was scheduled to drive to Jacksonville Center to do my interview. If you are selected for tower then you will interview at the closest one. And yes, several months after panels.
still not getting info on cost with the traditional route but its good that you gave better insight on the other portions of the process...

ATCracer

Rookie
Feb 3, 2009
South Florida
still not getting info on cost with the traditional route but its good that you gave better insight on the other portions of the process...
what info on costs do you need? The only cost for traditional route is gas like lunchbox said. That's the only thing you 'spend' for the medical, background/security, interview, psych test, drug test, etc. When you go to a PEPC you spend usually more money because you need to fly out there, no 'free' home food so you spend that, hotel, etc. etc.

ATCtower

Epic Member
Oct 26, 2008
The only costs associated either way are travel expenses. Neither the PEPC nor the steps of the traditional route cost money.

I guess dumbing it down a bit... If you need to drive to your interview/MMPI/pee test/etc. going the traditional route you will be required to pay X amount of dollars for gas.

Whereas, if you go to the PEPC, you will need to make sure you are in the location required on the specified day, and spend X amount of dollars to accomplish the magnificient feat.

NiaX

Trusted Contributor
Sep 28, 2009
Derby City
i'm thinking on the traditional route one has to find their own drs, and places that administer these tests...where you have to pay up front..and maybe you get reimbursed yada yada yada

no dumbing down...just wanting cost clarification

PabloFair

Rookie
Mar 23, 2009
3rd planet from the sun
They cover all costs for all tests. Nothing to pay up front. They assist you in finding a dr and testing locations (you still have to call and schedule these appointments). You pay for the gas getting to a from places.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Whereas, if you go to the PEPC, you will need to make sure you are in the location required on the specified day, and spend X amount of dollars to accomplish the magnificient feat.
You left out the cost of drinking with StuckMic people the night before or after. Or both.

They cover all costs for all tests. Nothing to pay up front. They assist you in finding a dr and testing locations (you still have to call and schedule these appointments). You pay for the gas getting to a from places.
"Assist" meaning they tell you what doctor to see. Too bad they don't let you just use your regular flight surgeon, if you have one. Would've taken 15 minutes for me instead of three hours.

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
i'm thinking on the traditional route one has to find their own drs, and places that administer these tests...where you have to pay up front..and maybe you get reimbursed yada yada yada

no dumbing down...just wanting cost clarification
Sorry to be an ass, but it seems the dumbing down is necessary as you still haven't figured it out.

1. The FAA tells you where to go for your medical.
2. You call to book appointment
3. You go to appointment
4. The faa picks up the tab for the appointment
5. You get checked out by doc/nurses
6. You leave without paying any money other than the gas it cost to get there/back

THERE IS NO OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES. (unless you have to have a follow up appointment for any specific medical issues, high BP, etc..and you would incur those same expenses if you went to PEPC too)

Again, sorry to seem like an ass, but this is the clearest way it could be presented.

NiaX

Trusted Contributor
Sep 28, 2009
Derby City
Ha ha.

I really could give a damn that you felt so high and mighty to want to be an ass...your choice to make. But its phucking unnecessary.

I'm not about to be surprised with any unforseen items. Sorry that I wanted to be sure of all of that shyt. I have to watch all my expenses.

ATCracer

Rookie
Feb 3, 2009
South Florida
Ha ha.

I really could give a damn that you felt so high and mighty to want to be an ass...your choice to make. But its phucking unnecessary.

I'm not about to be surprised with any unforseen items. Sorry that I wanted to be sure of all of that shyt. I have to watch all my expenses.
Just so you know I am going the traditional route. The FAA scheduled my medical test, my drug screening, my interview, my psychological test, and anything else i'm forgetting and they paid for it all. I spent a grand total of $0 besides the gas it took for me to get there.

Hope this all helped.