If You Passed the Biographical Assessment, Post Here

kemikal12

Feb 27, 2014
Age? 19
Have you taken the AT-SAT before? No
How much work experience do you have? 2.6 years all together, but 6 years as a soccer ref, and 3 summers of Yard work
Do you have any aviation-related work? No
Are you or were you a CTI student? Yes, in my third and final semester at UAA
Any other details you'd like to share? I'm honestly surprised I was selected. I feel like I was selected out of luck, and not skill. Looking at all the other people who were not selected, I feel like the only reason I was selected is I was lucky enough to match the "personality" they wanted. I'm Sorry for all those that were not selected, and I hope the FAA gets its act together, after I'm through of course.

Be happy you are where you are even though this process is complete b.s

kemikal12

Feb 27, 2014
I am happy to have made it, but that doesn't mean I like the system.
Na man, I feel you. I'm in the same boat. WHile I'm happy i still have a green check, i know it is 100 percent wrong for me to be in this spot over 10,000 other qualified persons. It is what it is though.

freshav8tor

Trusted Contributor
Jul 19, 2009
Na man, I feel you. I'm in the same boat. WHile I'm happy i still have a green check, i know it is 100 percent wrong for me to be in this spot over 10,000 other qualified persons. It is what it is though.
I feel both of you, I think there are more qualified people than me even being a pilot. I knew there was something fishy about the first cut, for the FAA to accept about 10% or so of applicants. The FAA opened this announcement to the public NATIONWIDe and they knew what they were doing all along. It's a damn shame that thousands of applicant didn't see this coming. No matter what your SKILL IS, IDGF what you have on your belt, this job posting was open to the public so you should of known what you were up against. They selected from the best of 3 worlds... I can see why people are frustrated but to be pissed because Jim Tom got selected over a CTI candidate or VRA..well the only answer to this was it was a public job listing.

Mark123456

Rookie
May 13, 2012
---------------------------------------------------
Age? 26
Have you taken the AT-SAT before? Yes/67.8%
How much work experience do you have? No
Are you or were you a CTI student? Yes
Any other details you'd like to share? Bachelors Degree in Aircraft Operation (May 2014)

Pvtpmo22

Newcomer
Feb 14, 2014
Age? 24
How much work experience do you have? 6 years
Do you have any aviation-related work? Yes / Army controller
Are you or were you a CTI student? No

Sotokins

Feb 11, 2014
How do you know that you have been fully selected? Can someone please post a approval picture?

Derriko

Sep 26, 2011
So has anybody told their bosses yet? I'm thinking I am going to wait until (if) I get a class date to tell him.

I don't want to burn any bridges as there is still a chance I don't make it, but I also don't want to make him think I'm going to be coasting for the whatever amount of weeks either.

cas52782

Jan 25, 2011
My personal advice would be to wait until you have a class date. Passing this bio-q doesn't mean jack, there are still multiple steps to this process that need to be accomplished before you are even given an FOL.

Guymyer

Rookie
May 16, 2012
I'm still sitting with the Green Check..

Age?

Have you taken the AT-SAT before?
-yes, got 100 on it.

How much work experience do you have?
-been working full time for the last 10 years, been an RPO at ZNY for the last year.

Do you have any aviation-related work?
-RPO (Remote Pilot Operator)
-Line Service at Farmingdale, NY

Are you or were you a CTI student?
-Graduated in May 2012. 4yr

Any other details you'd like to share?
-I know I'm one of the few that are very happy with how this bid is turning out. Turning 29 this year with a new baby, the thought of aging out and having to change careers has been driving me nuts.

dparker701

Rookie
Oct 12, 2011
Age? 28

Have you taken the AT-SAT before? Yes 100

How much work experience do you have? full time 6 years

Do you have any aviation-related work? Yes crew sked

Are you or were you a CTI student? Yes CTI grad

Any other details you'd like to share? Dispatchers Cert

NicoleC

Newcomer
Jan 13, 2012
Age? 26

Have you taken the AT-SAT before? Yes - 99

How much work experience do you have? Mix of full and part time over last 10 years

Do you have any aviation-related work? Internship at ATCT/Tracon

Are you or were you a CTI student? Aug 2013

Any other details you'd like to share? Comm degree from U of Illinois 2009 and recently hired as RPO at Academy

hsnickell

Newcomer
Mar 2, 2012
Age? 22
Have you taken the AT-SAT before? Yes. 84% (I wanted to die)
How much work experience do you have? 2 years full time
Do you have any aviation-related work? Yes. Dispatcher at a flight school.
Are you or were you a CTI student? Yes. Grad June 2012
Any other details you'd like to share? Private Pilot and atc sim experience (en route and terminal)

Zedd

Oct 29, 2012
Age? 19
How much work experience do you have? 3 years part-time = 1.5 years full time
Are you or were you a CTI student? Yes, second year at Embry-Riddle
Any other details you'd like to share? I have no idea how I passed.

lori1986

Newcomer
Jun 26, 2013
Florida
Have you taken the AT-SAT before Yes, 82.8 April 2013
How much work experience do you have: > 5 years USMC Avionics (aviation-related) + other non aviation
Do you have any aviation-related work: Avionics Technician 5 years
Are you or were you a CTI student: yes, graduated Dec 2012
Any other details you'd like to share: female, 10 pt. vet pref....

Bulldog274

Newcomer
Apr 4, 2013
AT-SAT? Yes (89%)
Work Experience? 3 years part time as a manager at GameStop!
Aviation Related Work? Nope.
CTI Graduate? Yes, August 2013 (Was able to qualify with combo of schooling and work experience thankfully)
Other info: Background at UNM in Computer Science. Also got a call from Oklahoma from a man named Robert, he said I passed the assessment and he needed me to send him a copy of my unofficial transcripts so he can "qualify me through" and make sure that my work/school combo meets requirements. I'm hoping that means my app is at least going to be referred??

freshav8tor

Trusted Contributor
Jul 19, 2009
AT-SAT? Yes (89%)
Work Experience? 3 years part time as a manager at GameStop!
Aviation Related Work? Nope.
CTI Graduate? Yes, August 2013 (Was able to qualify with combo of schooling and work experience thankfully)
Other info: Background at UNM in Computer Science. Also got a call from Oklahoma from a man named Robert, he said I passed the assessment and he needed me to send him a copy of my unofficial transcripts so he can "qualify me through" and make sure that my work/school combo meets requirements. I'm hoping that means my app is at least going to be referred??
Yup if your transcripts look good, you're moving on. Good Luck

charlie_romeo

Rookie
Oct 30, 2012
abilene
ATSAT : i dont even know exactly what this thing is
work experience : Air force Air traffic controller for the past tow years. only been rated for a year and a half i was orginally a combat control trainee.
Aviation related work: yes air traffic controller
CTI graduate: again, not sure what this is either