Impeach FACREP??

Sequence_King

Newcomer
Jan 13, 2009
Does anyone have information, or know where to find information, regarding the process for impeaching or overthrowing a NATCA FACREP? This is not a personal vendetta type thing (since the NATCA rep is actually a descent person outside of work) and is not merely my own attempt to change things as I see fit. Several other controllers in my tower are interested in this information but do not know the avenue in which to find it.

In case some are reluctant here's a "for instance" for ya. There is a controller in my facility who has checked out on GC and is working on their LC checkout. They are a little bit of a weaker controller than others but is still safe and will be fine with more experience. This controller is doing fine on LC so far. My rep seems hell bent on getting this controller washed out. I have been informed, by a supe, that there are almost weekly meetings, with management, regarding washing this controller out. The supe has to tell the rep to give it more time and see how the controller progresses. I repeat; the NATCA rep wants to wash the controller out, the supe is trying to keep controller in the FAA.
There are no major personality conflicts between the controller and rep. As a matter of fact an easy way to describe the controller is saying "easy going" and "happy-go-lucky". This is not the first controller to come under fire from this rep. And these instances are merely glimpses of the odd sort of issues that happen at my facility.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Roddy_Piper

Resident Knucklehead
Jun 15, 2008
Vegas baby
www.myspace.com
Did u try reading the NATCA constitution? You might also see what your local NATCA directives say about it.

I hope it's more people than just you and a GC certified trainee that's trying to get this FACREP thrown out. I further hope u have more on this guy than his wanting to get someone washed out. Are you certain that your not biased about the skills of this trainee your talking about. When someone is trying to wash someone out, it's usually for cause or personal reasons. Your saying the FACREP has no personal vendetta against this trainee...so it must be for cause. Your gonna have to have some concrete evidence to pull this off. Just because the FACREP is trying to get your buddy washed is not concrete evidence or just cause to impeach.

Good luck, the NATCA constitution should contain your answer. Be sure it's a fight your willing to see through. It could be more hassle than it's worth and it could cause you some powerful enemies. If it's justified then by all means, pursue it. But, it doesn't sound like it is.

BoomerSooner77

I am rubber, you're glue.
Oct 8, 2008
Plano, TX
Careful, they might send Guido to your house to "have a word" :8.... or you might wake up with a horse head cuddled up with you in bed. :eek:

I kid, I kid... sounds like a crappy situation, have you read meeting notes to see if it's been discussed in their officer's meetings?

Sequence_King

Newcomer
Jan 13, 2009
I kid, I kid... sounds like a crappy situation, have you read meeting notes to see if it's been discussed in their officer's meetings?
I happen to be an officer in this facility and obviously nothing has been discussed regarding this issue though I am a little considered with the possible "sit down" with Guido.

This GC is liked by all...from management on down. I had nothing to do with his training so it's not really a personal thing for me. I just happen to be in a situation that gives me an anonymous outlet to try to figure this out. I also happen to be simply a mouth piece for the rest of the facility. Everyone from management on down to the janitor (literally) has problems with the FACREP in one way or another. I wish you all would be able to stand in my shoes for a week to understand this situation.

I understand this will ruffle the feathers of at least one very vocal bird (the rep) and I have certainly given this a lot of thought and have consulted other controllers about this. And yes, I would probably be the one to take the spot, something I really AM NOT interested in doing. I also know, though, that this will make my facility at least run more smoothly if not better all together.

I will attempt to consult the NATCA constitution. Anyone know where that is posted? NATCA site?

Thanks again and any other thoughts are certainly welcome.

SoCal_ATCer

Jan 6, 2009
So Cal
That's an interesting situation you have there. What the hell could he do to piss the janitor off though...haha.

A

Adam

I don't really think any of those things are impeachable offenses....things like misappropriating funds...that would be something that could get you kicked out...is he/she the facrep and president? Is the facrep part of the training team for that individual? that would explain weekly meetings with management...the trainee could always ask for other trainers if that was the case.

anyways, I wouldn't think that the scenarios you have given would be adequate...maybe there are some other circumstances as well...maybe the natca officials should talk with the facrep or even the union members if there is an understanding with the facrep that everyone agrees on.

dc426

Newcomer
Jan 28, 2009
Hey, I have a novel idea. How about you have a sit down and actually talk with your FacRep. Since you say your an officer, He should at least listen to what you have to say. trying to backdoor the guy is total BS!.
DC/TPA

SRQ

Jul 25, 2008
Sarasota/Indianapolis
How many members want to impeach the facility representative? Is it a large percentage of the local? If so, put a petition together and have those members sign it. Submit it to the national office for resolution. I would think that there is a procedure in the contract for this type of situation. If not, contact the national office and have them advise you on the address and officer to send it to.