Indianapolis ARTCC - ZID

cjikmiller

Newcomer
Jan 12, 2013
Brownsburg, IN
I have a tenative class date of Feb11 2013. So, only one month away. Does anyone else have this same class and interested in a roommate? I think we stand to save (pocket) a little money this way. Anyway just let me know.

heatseaker1

Rookie
Jul 22, 2008
Kokomo, IN
Hey guys we are still trying to rent out our house. If any of you need a place to live when you get here, here is the info on it.

I just CPC'd last month, so my timeline was:

PUBNAT3/4 - started applying at 3, got picked up for 4
OKC: Aug 2009
D-School: Dec 2009
D-Sides OJT: April 2010
D-Sides Complete: Nov 2010
R-School: May 2011
R-Sides OJT: July 2011
CPC: June 2012

Still the lowest in seniority in my area; they never brought any new trainees in after me.
what area are you in?

tcrai002

Rookie
Sep 27, 2011
S. Florida
Well, let's see where everyone stands after almost a year of inactivity...

I talked to KB yesterday and was told to expect a March class, pending no hiring need changes. Little further out then I had expected, but happy none the less...should be heading to okc in 3 months hopefully!

ignoramus89

Rookie
May 3, 2010
She had recently told me the same thing. Although I am still holding onto that shred of hope that whenever the phone rings, it will be someone to offer me a class date.

Irish0810

Rookie
Apr 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Well, let's see where everyone stands after almost a year of inactivity...

I talked to KB yesterday and was told to expect a March class, pending no hiring need changes. Little further out then I had expected, but happy none the less...should be heading to okc in 3 months hopefully!
I'm just sitting here debating emailing KB also.. I know she is busy and I hate inundating her mailbox with my constant "are we there yet?!" emails. What is your TOL date? Maybe that will give me a time frame to look at.

tcrai002

Rookie
Sep 27, 2011
S. Florida
I avoid emailing her as much as possible for that reason, I know she is extremely busy, however I had to email her. I was basically asked by the courts to because I was a witness to something at work (I don't even know what...) so they need to know my where about for the next several months. KB was kind enough to help the best she could.
My TOL is june 6, 2012

Irish0810

Rookie
Apr 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Hopefully I'll be getting in just shortly after that then. My TOL is June 14th. I'm curious though as to why they are giving redirects to ZID with January class dates when there are already people waiting who actually selected Indy to begin with. Maybe that sounds petty of me but I don't understand it.

rhd9b

Trusted Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
VA
Are you sure they were given January dates? Either way, I think it's fair. The people with the oldest TOLs have been waiting the longest any way you slice it, so if they can figure out a way to get them in by "cutting the line" at a facility that has a need, then by all means get them started. Facility assignment is arbitrary to begin with.

Irish0810

Rookie
Apr 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Yea got in on the Jan 27th class date with a mid May TOL . I guess your right. More power to him, I'd have snatched the opportunity up in a heartbeat! I think it's awesome things are moving quickly and that Indy has that much need. So at some point this year I'll get there and I just need to be thinking along those terms. Plus the way they're hiring now seems to be a whole different ball game than what it has been in the past.

helmoe6d

Newcomer
Jan 19, 2010
Zionsville, IN
How many TOL holders are still out there waiting on a class date?

TOL: July 2012 here and waiting as patiently as possible!

Also, any of you guys who have made it to ZID, how's training going?

tcrai002

Rookie
Sep 27, 2011
S. Florida
How many TOL holders are still out there waiting on a class date?

TOL: July 2012 here and waiting as patiently as possible!

Also, any of you guys who have made it to ZID, how's training going?

Just started week 3 at the academy...it's definitely intense here. The amount of material you have to learn is astonishing, but completely doable. I feel like, in only 11 training days so far, we have learned more then a year at CTI, and most of my classmates feel the same. But so far I love it, it's actually fairly relaxing to me because there are NO worries outside of class (for me)...no other job, no money worries, etc. it's been really nice, and fun being in a new place, so I'm definitely enjoying the experience.

Also, from what I've seen and learned from people I've talked to, there's only 3 ZID people ahead of me, and 4 including myself in my class...so only 7 of us out here.

ksheyman

Feb 3, 2009
Indianapolis
Just started week 3 at the academy...it's definitely intense here. The amount of material you have to learn is astonishing, but completely doable. I feel like, in only 11 training days so far, we have learned more then a year at CTI, and most of my classmates feel the same. But so far I love it, it's actually fairly relaxing to me because there are NO worries outside of class (for me)...no other job, no money worries, etc. it's been really nice, and fun being in a new place, so I'm definitely enjoying the experience.

Also, from what I've seen and learned from people I've talked to, there's only 3 ZID people ahead of me, and 4 including myself in my class...so only 7 of us out here.
found you T! haha

hanson32

Rookie
Nov 7, 2012
Came across this forum today. I have my TOL for ZID, awaiting my FOL. Hoping for a June/July class date.