Indianapolis ARTCC - ZID

Ahall

Newcomer
Feb 3, 2014
Got my TOL 4/2. Would love to go to OKC this summer. Thinking that's being a little optimistic though. LOL

Anyone selling a house to move to ZID? I'm selling mine in KY. Little unsure of the timing. When to put on the market etc.

RollTide

Aug 12, 2009
Arizona
Got my TOL 4/2. Would love to go to OKC this summer. Thinking that's being a little optimistic though. LOL

Anyone selling a house to move to ZID? I'm selling mine in KY. Little unsure of the timing. When to put on the market etc.
I am getting rid of mine, or trying to, may just keep it and rent it out. I am not sure I want to be a long distance landlord though. The timing is tough, just communicate with KB, she cant make promises but is pretty good at answering any questions you have. I am waiting on a class date as well. Good luck!!

tcrai002

Rookie
Sep 27, 2011
S. Florida
I wouldn't recommend selling your house unless you plan on selling now and moving into a rental. The academy is FAR more difficult then I expected, don't assume you will pass. I don't mean that to come off in a bad sounding way, if you want it, and work for it, you can and probably will pass...but it is a very real possibility to fail unfortunately. We just took non radar Evals today, I'm satisfied, 89 and 100, as did many other (including a double 100), however there were many many lower score, even some 0s. And that's from very capable people. Luckily non radar is a very small portion of your grade, so everyone is still in a very passable situation. But the academy is no cake walk, so be careful selling just to come here. So far the en route classes have a pass/fail rate of 21/15 from the RUMORS...work hard when you get here. Hope we all see each other in Indy!

Seventhrndko

Newcomer
Jan 31, 2014
Just got a call Wednesday for a class date June 27th.
TOL JAN 2013 - ZID. Just waiting on FOL.
Staying at Kim's Place. Anyone else in this class?
Hope to see some of you guys down there!!

hanson32

Rookie
Nov 7, 2012
Just got a call Wednesday for a class date June 27th.
TOL JAN 2013 - ZID. Just waiting on FOL.
Staying at Kim's Place. Anyone else in this class?
Hope to see some of you guys down there!!
Congrats!!!! I'm hoping to hear something soon about a class date. June would be great , but July is looking more realistic!

RollTide

Aug 12, 2009
Arizona
I wouldn't recommend selling your house unless you plan on selling now and moving into a rental. The academy is FAR more difficult then I expected, don't assume you will pass. I don't mean that to come off in a bad sounding way, if you want it, and work for it, you can and probably will pass...but it is a very real possibility to fail unfortunately. We just took non radar Evals today, I'm satisfied, 89 and 100, as did many other (including a double 100), however there were many many lower score, even some 0s. And that's from very capable people. Luckily non radar is a very small portion of your grade, so everyone is still in a very passable situation. But the academy is no cake walk, so be careful selling just to come here. So far the en route classes have a pass/fail rate of 21/15 from the RUMORS...work hard when you get here. Hope we all see each other in Indy!
Our plan is to rent until done with the academy and facility training. Looking to sell my house so in a worse case scenario I dont have any debt.

Seventhrndko

Newcomer
Jan 31, 2014
Congrats!!! We will definitely have to get a study group going!!
Very excited to finally get in! Glad to see more ZIDers getting class dates.

Seventhrndko

Newcomer
Jan 31, 2014
I know it's still early but it looks like 3 of us on SM so far with June 27th class dates for ZID
Seventhrndko - Kim's Place
RollTide - Kim's Place
helmoe6d (Indianapolis ARTCC ZID thread) - Kim's Place
Anyone else out there for ZID with a June 27th class date?

Seventhrndko

Newcomer
Jan 31, 2014
I know it's still early but it looks like 3 of us on SM so far with June 27th class dates for ZID
Seventhrndko - Kim's Place
RollTide - Kim's Place
helmoe6d (Indianapolis ARTCC ZID thread) - Kim's Place
Anyone else out there for ZID with a June 27th class date?
Ooops! Meant to drop this into the 6/27/2014 Enroute Class Date Thread.