Info about class numbers for FY11

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
Back to my fellow CTI applicants, did any of you who are waiting for a class date find out info about the new class numbers?

What was told to me is that there will only be 12 seats for basics and 12 seats for initial. Initial will have there own "CTI" class which will be after Jan of 2011. I should be joining other CTI applicants along with VRA at this time. The FAA wants our HR reps to fill in all basics classes for now. My question to them is how will I get a seat in an Initial class? I was told that I would see a class date for CTI/VRA sometime by Jan-March.

I was told by my HR rep that basics is not a pass/fail class. Anyone here fail a basics?

Basics:12 ppl
http://www.academy.faa.gov/catalog/c...43&TYPE=COURSE

Initial:12 ppl
http://www.academy.faa.gov/catalog/c...46&TYPE=COURSE

The following class is not initial training. Some people see 18 and think this is the class
http://www.academy.faa.gov/catalog/c...p?CID=FAA50145

Site Rules

Last edited:

GolfJuliet

'Merica
Oct 29, 2009
Why would they tell you that you can have someone's basic spot and then tell you it's not pass/fail. As far as I know basics is pass/fail. You take tests on what you learn and if you failed them then why would they even send you to initial?

lunchbox

Asst to Regional Manager
Jun 2, 2009
Port Orange, FL
About basics, they usually "pepper" in a few facilities so basics probably won't be all for your facility. They should have some spots open once OTS finishes basics. I think that made sense. My arm hurts. I can't form sentences.

noid

Curtis E. Carr
Jun 24, 2008
In a van down by the river.
I think the point is that the OTS people will go to basics and then go directly into the next phase potentially taking seats in the following classes from CTI grads. At least that's how I see it.

emaster

Banned
Apr 6, 2010
What difference does it make if an OTS gets hired over a CTI they are both rays of sunshine.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Fifteen posts.

That's how many I'm giving it before this starts to go downhill again.

KDskylark

Dec 7, 2008
LA
Nah...I don't think they are "taking slots". It's kind of like college in that way. If you need Eng101 as a senior to graduate you just end up taking it with the freshmen. In our tower class there were people from off the street and CTI. The CTI just got blended in.

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
Why would they tell you that you can have someone's basic spot and then tell you it's not pass/fail. As far as I know basics is pass/fail. You take tests on what you learn and if you failed them then why would they even send you to initial?
I messed up that post. It was copied and pasted and I forgot to remove that part about anyone failing basics. I was later told that basics is not a pass/fail by my HR rep therefore I could not get a seat if someone did fail. Sorry :)

Nah...I don't think they are "taking slots". It's kind of like college in that way. If you need Eng101 as a senior to graduate you just end up taking it with the freshmen. In our tower class there were people from off the street and CTI. The CTI just got blended in.
That was what happened before, but now I cannot get an initial class in October because there is no room, it wll be filled with basic graduates. Initial class is 12 people now. Things have changed is what Im saying, and anyone who is not CTI with a TOL younger than me, set for my facility, will see OKC before me.

For you newcomers, careers would give you your FOL based on your facility, their need, and your queue in line (date of TOL). If you and your peer were selected for ZDC and you had a TOL since Feb 2009 but your friend had a TOL in June 2009, you would see OKC before your pal does. This means that you are #1 and your pal would be #2.

Fair right?

But now, if you are CTI, and your pal was OTS, your seat will be given to him in Oct instead of you. This would only be unfair if you had an older TOL of course.

I want to get into OKC when I should, if I have an older TOL I don't want to be skipped.

If you are CTI, and next for your facility, call your rep and find out what they say. Email me their response. I'll keep your comments private.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

opie

stepchild
Nov 23, 2008
www.facebook.com
well, you are really not being skipped, you do not need basics. so the next slot you can get, you will.. as you say, Jan 2011. you are delayed because they added an extra basics (but no initial en route) and changed class sizes.

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
Is there anyone here belong to a CTI program? I'd appreciate "their" feedback on this matter. I dont need people saying stupid stuff like "one more" this or "15" that LOL. Stay out of these forums then. I am not saying anything to you or about you.

well, you are really not being skipped, you do not need basics. so the next slot you can get, you will.. as you say, Jan 2011. you are delayed because they added an extra basics (but no initial en route) and changed class sizes.
These are all initial classes which I should be able to get. Basics is only one month (5 weeks). You go from Basics to Initial right after. You dont wait 3 months to go from basics to initial lol. You cant add more basics and less initial classes. 12 to 12. So why can't I get the following dates?

10/27/2010
11/10/2010
11/24/2010
12/08/2010
12/21/2010

Thanks....

Last edited:

opie

stepchild
Nov 23, 2008
www.facebook.com
Is there anyone here belong to a CTI program? I'd appreciate "their" feedback on this matter. I dont need people saying stupid stuff like "one more" this or "15" that LOL. Stay out of these forums then. I am not saying anything to you or about you.
"class numbers" is pretty generic of a topic. provided they all pop up under "ATC employment" on the home screen makes us come here.

These are all initial classes which I should be able to get. Basics is only one month (5 weeks). You go from Basics to Initial right after. You dont wait 3 months to go from basics to initial lol. You cant add more basics and less initial classes. 12 to 12. So why can't I get the following dates?

10/27/2010
11/10/2010
11/24/2010
12/08/2010
12/21/2010

Thanks....
BTW, your links in the top post don't work. these should.
(enroute only here)
basics class dates

initial class dates

because basics classes for the rest of the year are: (start-end dates)

09/22/10-10/27/10
10/06/10-11/10/10
10/20/10-11/24/10
11/02/10-12/08/10
11/16/10-12/21/10
and
11/30/10-01/05/11

so don't plan on getting that 1/5/11 date either because they are 12 and 12 seats.

so when they said you will get a Jan date, there is no class for that yet.
don't get mad, just pulling numbers.

GolfJuliet

'Merica
Oct 29, 2009

10/27/2010
11/10/2010
11/24/2010
12/08/2010
12/21/2010

Thanks....
IMO, if you have to wait then you have to wait. Get over it. Call HR and figure it out. Nobody wants to here you cry and bitch.

That's all I have to say about that....move along

:rant:

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
IMO, if you have to wait then you have to wait. Get over it. Call HR and figure it out. Nobody wants to here you cry and bitch.

That's all I have to say about that....move along

:rant:
learn how to spell hear, might as well close this post too cause Im tired of this little bitch attacking me every 5 seconds.

Last edited:

GolfJuliet

'Merica
Oct 29, 2009
learn how to spell hear, might as well close this post too cause Im tired of this little bitch attack me every 5 seconds. Get off my pubic hair already. Blame this guy for starting problems.
Point out my typo and blame all the hype on me. Is that the best you can come up with?

You asked for my opinion:

Is there anyone here belong to a CTI program? I'd appreciate "their" feedback on this matter.
Haha and my grammar's bad?

I posted my feedback on the matter, and then you had to go throw a little bitch fit about it because it hurt your feelings.