Internet Quality at Winchester Run?

pghkid

Newcomer
Jan 9, 2012
Can anyone attest to the quality of the internet at Winchester Run? I saw a few people saying they couldn't stream videos (Netflix) at Walnut Gardens, which has me leaning towards Winchester Run. Thanks!

Jan 23, 2009
Iowa
I stayed there a year ago. Pretty nice place. Internet speed was fast. They provide a cable modem and ethernet cord. However they do not offer wireless. So if you want wireless, you should bring your own router. Also, the ethernet cord is pretty short, so if you don't care about having wireless, bring a long cable along.

UNDATCer

Trusted Member
Apr 5, 2009
North Dakota
I'm at Winchester Run right now and everything appears to run fine. I haven't tried to stream netflix yet but the Internet seems to be pretty fast and reliable. I brought my router from home so I have wireless and I have to say I've been very pleased with how fast the Internet is. When I get my Xbox hooked up and I try Netflix I'll let you know how that is.

Overall I give it two thumbs up!!

Eman1193

Jan 9, 2011
I stream all day on netflix at winchester run, high speed COX Cable internet. The place all in all is great for the price !

bradjackman

Trusted Member
May 7, 2009
Boise
Just ran a test for you. 3.1mbps down, 4.2mbps up. Good enough for me!

EDIT: I should say that it was over a wireless router that I broughy myself, with only 2 of 5 bars, because of where I had my computer. Direct link would probably be much faster.

barty

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2008
They upgraded all of their cable modems when I was staying there 2+ years ago and it made a huge difference in the performance. I streamed Netflix all the time and talked to my wife on Skype just about every night with no issues.

Yes, you will have to bring your own wireless router if you want wireless. I just bought a cheap one at the WalMart around the corner.

Anvil

Academy Housing Provider
Nov 9, 2009
To officially answer this internet speed question, the level of service we negotiated with Cox Cable is a download speed of 5 Mbps and an upload speed of 1 Mbps. We provide hard wired cable modems in each unit so you are not sharing bandwidth with a neighbor. Each unit is provided with a dynamic IP address instead of a static IP (you technical guru's will understand this).

Thank you for all of the kind comments!