Irregular Heart Beat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATC12

Newcomer
Feb 11, 2010
Been at the job for 29 years now. Have been on blood pressure medicine for 12 of those 29 years. This month is birthday month (52) so went to my Doctor for my normal physical and paper work for the blood pressure medicine. Well when he listened to my heart he became concerned. I was skipping beats and he ordered a EKG right away. After the EKG, he said it was not bad but I was indeed skipping beats (PVC's) and ordered a Echocardiogram. The Echo was mostly ok, but the tech told him I again went into Afib during the test. The summary of the echogram shows signs consistent with Grade 1 Diastolic dysfunction of left ventricle relaxation, and wall thickness of left ventricle is mildly to moderately increased, everything else normal. He says I need to have further test and have the condition treated. He says there are medicines to treat this condition. My Question for Dr. Orsak, is at what point do I need to tell the FAA about the condition. I am out of the facility this week and have a FAA physical the following week and plan to report I had the physical, a cardiogram and an irregular heart beat has been detected. My doctor does not seem too concerned other that it is a condition that needs to be addressed. I asked him if I need to report it right away and he says there is nothing to report until there are more test, but he is not a FAA expert. Just wondering if I am required to report it right away, or just wait until the physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.