Is it possible to do CTI online?

GolfJuliet

'Merica
Oct 29, 2009
Yes, Vaughn College in NYC. All online, you just have to go 40 hours(not credit hours) at the end for a review so they know that you actually learned everything. If you pass the review they'll ad you to their referral list.

angryweb

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2010
Los Angeles
Do you happen to know if it's a 2 or 4 year school? I was looking into Mt San Antonia College out here in CA but the commute is kind of tough from where I am.

irishcarbomb

Epic Member
Dec 3, 2008
Houston, TX
ummm not according to their website :

In response to the needs of our non-traditional students, a number of the required 10 courses in the fast-track 30-credit program are offered online, though students will not be able to complete the entire program without attending courses in person. Courses are generally offered both days and evenings, and Saturday courses are planned in the near future. Vaughn College's affordable tuition (one of the lowest private college tuition rates in the Nation), combined with generous financial aid packages and academic scholarships for students achieving a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher make this program an attractive, as well as affordable option for students seeking a career change.

Michalak87

Jan 30, 2009
MI
all the classes are online, except the 40 hour capstone that was mentioned above. I am signed up, start next week, only takes two semesters.

TOWER_BOY1

Jun 10, 2009
brooklyn NY
it cost me approx 15000 for the fast track CTI program at Vaughn...its 10 cousres as long as u already have a degree. and when u r done you come out with another degree BS..

angryweb

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2010
Los Angeles
it cost me approx 15000 for the fast track CTI program at Vaughn...its 10 cousres as long as u already have a degree. and when u r done you come out with another degree BS..
That's where I have to make the decision. I have my 4 year degree but I am 27 years old. The school we have out here in CA is $26 a unit. $15,000 for a 1 year course for a job I may not get seems a bit much to me.

I'm having quite the dilemma.

TOWER_BOY1

Jun 10, 2009
brooklyn NY
That's where I have to make the decision. I have my 4 year degree but I am 27 years old. The school we have out here in CA is $26 a unit. $15,000 for a 1 year course for a job I may not get seems a bit much to me.

I'm having quite the dilemma.
I had the same dilemma, but its a risk i was willing to make..thank God it paid off. this a descision you have to make on ur own

angryweb

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2010
Los Angeles
Now I guess the question is, if I do end up spending 15k for Vaughn and don't become a controller, what can I do with the CTI education? I already have a Pilot's certificate.

Also, are there any good government programs that will help financially for a schol like Vaughn?

TOWER_BOY1

Jun 10, 2009
brooklyn NY
well..true..along with the CTI program. you will graduate with a BS in Airport or Airline Management.

i was looking for some grants or scholarships but i had no luck...

angryweb

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2010
Los Angeles
What jobs does that open doors for? I have a degree and job history in marketing and am working on my instrument rating as far as being a pilot.

TOWER_BOY1

Jun 10, 2009
brooklyn NY
THE airport manager degree would help gettting u a job in any one of the different branch responsible for running the airport...titles like (regional mngr, facility mngr, deputy facility mngr, operational mngr, terminal manager, ramp manger etc)

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Someone gave a suggestion recently to consider getting something in dispatch if they offer it. That's a pretty good idea; airlines always need dispatchers and it's a similar field, so you'd have the bonus of learning something roughly in the same ballpark.

RFDATM

Trusted Contributor
Nov 27, 2009
IL
Now I guess the question is, if I do end up spending 15k for Vaughn and don't become a controller, what can I do with the CTI education? I already have a Pilot's certificate.

Also, are there any good government programs that will help financially for a schol like Vaughn?

I am certain any of the services would love to have you and the max entry age is higher than the FAA.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Airline/airport management is run by airlines/airports. Dispatch is run by each individual airline.