Is Rochester international hiring?

m1kehot3l

Trusted Member
Jun 5, 2013
Born and raised in upstate New York.

I am a radar supervisor at NAS OCEANA master jet base and I am applying on USA jobs when it opens back up in October.

Looking for anyone who has worked at or knows about Rochester international. It's near home and I would like to know if they are looking for controllers.

Thank you.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
I applied for NY 16 months out from my ETS and got selected my first try. In reference to
Rochester though, I can't remember where but someone had a link that showed staffing and N90 (NY App) was the only facility in NY not overstaffed.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
I applied for NY 16 months out from my ETS and got selected my first try. In reference to
Rochester though, I can't remember where but someone had a link that showed staffing and N90 (NY App) was the only facility in NY not overstaffed.

Kleetus

Jan 18, 2009
Someplace
You have a pretty good shot at getting picked up for NY. Lots of facilities. As far as if ROC is hiring I have no idea, but I know the tracon and ZNY continue to need people so if you put down NY you have a high chance of going to either one. Eveyrone I know who has put down NY has gotten either ZNY or the tracon. I put down NY and ended up at ZNY.

m1kehot3l

Trusted Member
Jun 5, 2013
How do you like Zny? I'm used to an up/down type of facility. I work approach and arrival a lot.

NAS Oceana master jet base has on average 260,000 to 300,000 operations a year. Will I be able to handle one of the busiest centers in the country?

Kleetus

Jan 18, 2009
Someplace
How do you like Zny? I'm used to an up/down type of facility. I work approach and arrival a lot.

NAS Oceana master jet base has on average 260,000 to 300,000 operations a year. Will I be able to handle one of the busiest centers in the country?
Unfortunately I'm really not at a place to say as I have only been here for a few months and am learning the basics. The people have been pretty nice so far and the traffic looks quite complex but I can't really say as I haven't worked it and am just in training. Each area is different too so depends on where you end up. I have heard ocean has a good checkout rate where some domestic areas end up washing out a lot of people due to the complexity of the traffic. Other domestic areas have good checkout rates though so it really depends on the area.

Echo22

Newcomer
Mar 3, 2009
Hey, I used to work at ROC. It was definitely a great place to work. Give the ATM a call, he's a really easy going and helpful guy. His name is Brian Reilly, the facility number is 585-463-3800. Best to get info right from the front office, rather than message board conjecture. Best of luck.

m1kehot3l

Trusted Member
Jun 5, 2013
Hey, I used to work at ROC. It was definitely a great place to work. Give the ATM a call, he's a really easy going and helpful guy. His name is Brian Reilly, the facility number is 585-463-3800. Best to get info right from the front office, rather than message board conjecture. Best of luck.
Thanks for the info. I will give him a call.

nhstadt

Epic Member
Mar 24, 2011
south "Murica
Currently waiting on a class date for NY(N90 I have been told). I can back up the information NE was talking about, but it is about a year or a little more old at this point and wouldn't be surprised if things change between now and when I finally get a class date, much less a new hiring panel happens. I can't remember what it was called but it was an FAA memo about the New York Staffing plan for 2013-15 or something like that. It was an addendum to the Nat'l staffing plan I think. I can see if I still have it somewhere and PM it to you if I do.

m1kehot3l

Trusted Member
Jun 5, 2013
Currently waiting on a class date for NY(N90 I have been told). I can back up the information NE was talking about, but it is about a year or a little more old at this point and wouldn't be surprised if things change between now and when I finally get a class date, much less a new hiring panel happens. I can't remember what it was called but it was an FAA memo about the New York Staffing plan for 2013-15 or something like that. It was an addendum to the Nat'l staffing plan I think. I can see if I still have it somewhere and PM it to you if I do.
That would be much appreciated thanks.

Hopefully they will start hiring sometime soon. Good luck in NY.

Jax

Senior Analyst
Nov 17, 2010
N90-EWR

We're supposed to be getting another group before the end of the year, so you may be part of that if you have an N90 TOL