Is There a Dress Code?

StuSEL

Aug 23, 2009
You know where.
It would really be weird if they had an FAA rep there to see who was wearing what. But seeing that it's a contractor administering the test, and the facilities themselves really have no dress code, I can't see why they would. That said -- because not much makes sense in the FAA, I'm going business casual.

h2laatc

Oct 28, 2009
Be comfortable. My proctors were less dressed than most of the testers.

Isenthalpic

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2015
I was the only one wearing shorts when I went to test. There is no dress code, and I doubt they're secretly reporting what we wore.

Last edited:

brucerey43

May 22, 2015
No dress code, I went business casual and I was the most well dressed one for the test by far. Its just a contractor who does the test

altonb2

Jan 23, 2014
Pensacola, Fl
That's a good tip for most things, but for this test dress comfortably. There were a few people who dressed business casual and one person who dressed for an interview. Personally I wore jeans and a t-shirt because it was in the mid 90 ' all day.

JamesEarlJones

Jan 9, 2014
That's a good tip for most things, but for this test dress comfortably. There were a few people who dressed business casual and one person who dressed for an interview. Personally I wore jeans and a t-shirt because it was in the mid 90 ' all day.

you could wear a clown suit.... go change on break... come back in as a scuba steve... go change on break.... come back in a trench coat and thong and nobody in the FAA will care... no one with any impact on your hiring will be there. they are contractors.