Isola Bella Gym

ohioaviator

Newcomer
Jul 25, 2008
yeah there's free weights. it's a nice gym. even nicer because it's free for residents and nicer yet because there's never anyone in there. the first day i got here i went over to check it out, one guy was leaving as i was walking in. i got inside and there was no one there except the one staff member. i asked him if it gets very crowded and he said, "oh yeah, when people get off work there can be like 4 or 5 people in here"

Jesse711

Rookie
Nov 20, 2008
Sounds like my kind of gym...lol. How about the apartment, surroundings and residents? Anything bad to say?

RedBaron

Academy Housing Provider
Apr 22, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
15 minutes to the Academy. Last pickup on the bus route and first drop off. All the construction is done in the FAA section so now each unit is fully renovated with new windows, doors, floors, appliances, AC, etc. Some new equipment now in the Fitness Center.

teck182

Newcomer
Nov 18, 2008
Tampa, FL
15 minutes to the Academy. Last pickup on the bus route and first drop off. All the construction is done in the FAA section so now each unit is fully renovated with new windows, doors, floors, appliances, AC, etc. Some new equipment now in the Fitness Center.
Good to hear; a couple weeks back I booked a one bedroom but they did not mention that I would be in a FAA designated area. I suppose this is automatic or did I need to ask to stay in the FAA area?

RedBaron

Academy Housing Provider
Apr 22, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Isola Bella really doesn't have a designated FAA area as such. We have a large area of Extended Stay housing and the FAA students are in that area. The FAA shuttle picks up in this area. Any other questions just call me or contact me off line.

RobertB

Senior Analyst
Aug 18, 2008
Isola Bella really doesn't have a designated FAA area as such. We have a large area of Extended Stay housing and the FAA students are in that area. The FAA shuttle picks up in this area. Any other questions just call me or contact me off line.
Can non resident, FAA students use the gym?

SNAX

Rookie
Aug 26, 2008
Palmdale
Can non resident, FAA students use the gym?
From what I have read, If you do not stay at Isola but are going to the Academy, you can go to the gym as long as you show your FAA badge.
Again, this is what I have read, so others may want to confirm this (Those who are currently residing there could ask them and respond to this thread).

bagofsquirrels

Newcomer
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Yea... Josh runs the gym... they do not care. If people walk in with you then they are fine. Honestly it is probably the most LAID BACK gym on this planet. Every Saturday they hold an FAA basketball game... pretty fun. But there is a local football team in there that kinda crowds the gym. (I believe they stay there at Isola Bella too)

lucky

Newcomer
Jan 13, 2010
Belchertown, MA
Re: Isola Bella

I may be wrong, but this ole FAA Inspector is thinking that the Isola Bella used to be Swan Lake Apartments, right or wrong??

Lucky

Echo_Whiskey

Rookie
Feb 2, 2009
Do they have decent tread mills?

In the event the weather is still crappy when I get there I want to be able to keep up on my cardio.