Jan 12th class canceled

NYTWR9

Rookie
Nov 15, 2009
Long Island, New York
Re: Jan 12th class cancelled

I just called my HR recruiter and she said that only the class on the 12th is cancelled. The 13th is still good. I dont know if maybe they maxed out the amount of people in the class though? maybe thats why you got the call you did

STL2CVG

Senior Analyst
Feb 2, 2009
Cincinnati

I was originally selected for the January 12th class, but never recieved a FOL for it. I got a call this morning from my HR rep telling me it had been canceled. Now I am looking at February 1st.

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009

I'm going to float a new HR technique here.

To HR:

I love you guys and girls. The pressure you are under is tremendous and we all appreciate the difficulties y'all are faced with on a daily basis. With that being said, I would really appreciate an update on when I may expect to be in OKC.

Thanks again for all that you do.

Sincerely,

PUB 6 applicant who has waited way too damn long!

PoppinJ

Rookie
Jan 30, 2009
This is scary. I'll be giving my HR rep a call tomorrow to see about my Jan 13th date. My rep has been out of the office with family problems for a long time now so its possible there is a change that I dont know about. I hate this, I'm so ready to be in OK so I know they cant change anything else on me.... well.... there will be a slightly smaller chance of anything being changed anyways.

NYTWR9

Rookie
Nov 15, 2009
Long Island, New York
This is scary. I'll be giving my HR rep a call tomorrow to see about my Jan 13th date. My rep has been out of the office with family problems for a long time now so its possible there is a change that I dont know about. I hate this, I'm so ready to be in OK so I know they cant change anything else on me.... well.... there will be a slightly smaller chance of anything being changed anyways.
like i said in my previous post, i was told that as of now the 13th is still scheduled. i still havent given 2 weeks notice at my current job and to be honest im kinda hesitant to do it until i know for sure that this class is definitely happening. it obviously would suck it they cancel/postpone it but hey guess we'll see what happens these next few weeks. im figuring that if we dont hear any bad news by christmas we should be good to go.

mikeyschrader

Rookie
Sep 9, 2009
Seems like just about everyone is getting pushed back. Do they give any reasons why? Class sizes, budgets, other?

jcpilot

May 19, 2009
Anchorage, AK
Seems like just about everyone is getting pushed back. Do they give any reasons why? Class sizes, budgets, other?
Word on the street is that Raytheon is going to lay off 15% of their instructors, due to their massive underbidding of the FAA training contract. This is completely unsubstantiated, though. I heard this from another developmental who heard it from the Raytheon people at my facility.

PoppinJ

Rookie
Jan 30, 2009
Like i said in my previous post, i was told that as of now the 13th is still scheduled. I still haven't given 2 weeks notice at my current job and to be honest I'm kinda hesitant to do it until i know for sure that this class is definitely happening. it obviously would suck it they cancel/postpone it but hey guess we'll see what happens these next few weeks. I'm figuring that if we don't hear any bad news by Christmas we should be good to go.
I didn't get a response back from my HR rep (surprise) so I called the academy directly. I found out that the Jan 13th class is still on and I'm still in it. She said that the date is so close that the FAA would have to burn down in order for anything to change. Here is to hoping.