JAX--Jacksonville ATCT/TRACON

FL_CTI

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2009
Colorado
I worked with a guy in STT who washed out from JAX. Said the military traffic makes your head spin and the TRACON will kick your ass.

airkiwi

Sep 28, 2008
Really really busy. They've got a significant amount of area and airspace (SFC-15000) and JAX is just one part of what they do. Lots of military, GA, overflight, and VFR stuff. From talking with friends there, developmentals get checked out on tower very easily and then radar can take an incredibly long time. For a while they had 6-day work weeks which I think subsided. Was also hard to transfer out due to staffing numbers.

Nolimortis

Newcomer
Oct 16, 2016
Does anyone have any current poc info for JAX? Just got hired for there off of the prior exp bid and can't really find any info

kkolberga

May 23, 2012
Does anyone have any current poc info for JAX? Just got hired for there off of the prior exp bid and can't really find any info

Lucky you! I live here. I love it. Going to academy next month but pretty positive I won't end up here.

Nolimortis

Newcomer
Oct 16, 2016
Yah JAX was my number 1 choice cause of location. It's like an hour away from where I live so close and an easy move for me and the family.