Job Openings in Denver Area?

Delta

Mar 18, 2014
So it looks like our family will be moving up to the Denver, CO area within the next few weeks. I've been calling around to all of the ATC towers in the area & I applied for the Cheyenne, WY job on USAjobs. If I'm not able to land an ATC job out there pretty soon, though, I'll need to find some other type work. Does anyone know of any other job openings in or around that area?

Ram_Tough

Trusted Contributor
Jul 5, 2010
About this time last year FTG had an opening. I called the facility manager and Serco's hiring manager both were very helpful people but I got the vibe that if you hadn't worked for serco for a few years before it was going to be hard to get the job. For some reason ATC'rs love Colorado.

Delta

Mar 18, 2014
I'm looking for a contract or DoD job right now. Didn't make it through the FAA Bio Q in the February bid. I'm going on terminal leave from the Air Force this month and I just need to pick up some type of full-time employment ASAP. I have a wife and three kiddos. If I can't pick up an ATC job in the CO or WY area, I'll either need to find something else full-time to do, or just go anywhere else there is a contract job opening.

Delta

Mar 18, 2014
About this time last year FTG had an opening. I called the facility manager and Serco's hiring manager both were very helpful people but I got the vibe that if you hadn't worked for serco for a few years before it was going to be hard to get the job. For some reason ATC'rs love Colorado.
I've called FTG a few times and I've also called the hiring manager. They have been very nice and helpful. They had a job posted just last month, but said it was for an inside hire. It never got filled, so hopefully now they'll post it again in the next few months. I'm wondering if they'd have a thousand applications for it, though. We'll see.

Thanks for the help.

aprout88

Newcomer
Sep 20, 2012
Colorado
Currently working at Denver International Airport and I know as far as the city jobs at the airport go they get posted at City and County of Denver Official Site. I didn't see much on there right now but its a good one to check back with from time to time. They will post ramp tower jobs here on occasion which may be of interest to you.

Ram_Tough

Trusted Contributor
Jul 5, 2010
Jackson is an 8 hour drive from Denver. Also, good luck trying to make ends meet on $60k/year in Jackson. A double wide runs close to $250k up there. Most people who work in Jackson commute an hour or more.

Delta

Mar 18, 2014
Yeah, I applied for the Jackson, WY job when it was posted last month & then I heard about the housing cost. Looked on craigslist just to see for myself what the prices were like. Yikes! A 3-bedroom rental for our family of five would likely run about $2500 a month.