July 27th 2018 OTS Bid Announcement

egkennedy3825

Newcomer
Nov 11, 2014
for those of you who have taken the test, how was your attire? did you come relaxed or did you dress for success?
This was my first year taking the ATSA, and I took it through PSI; not sure if everyone does. However, if you are taking it through PSI, just make sure you don't wear a hooded top. Or at least make sure you wear something under it without a hood. They have places where you can hang coats and such, but a chick wearing a hooded t-shirt couldn't enter the testing room until she removed the top and she didn't have another shirt underneath. Not sure what happened with her, as I entered the testing room before she figured it all out.

bayoumudd92

Oct 25, 2016
Stockton, CA
This was my first year taking the ATSA, and I took it through PSI; not sure if everyone does. However, if you are taking it through PSI, just make sure you don't wear a hooded top. Or at least make sure you wear something under it without a hood. They have places where you can hang coats and such, but a chick wearing a hooded t-shirt couldn't enter the testing room until she removed the top and she didn't have another shirt underneath. Not sure what happened with her, as I entered the testing room before she figured it all out.

I would have asked for a pair of scissors...

KTreu42

Newcomer
Jun 28, 2018
Yeah, the test monitors were asking people to remove essentially any "loose" outer layers of clothing. Luckily I was wearing a favorite comfy plaid button-up that's a borderline sweatshirt, but since it was buttoned up they must have looked at it as more of a dress shirt. I would have been irked if I had to take the test in just a t-shirt, and they had taken away my thunder blanket :p

We also had a girl roll in literally like 90 seconds before start time, but they still let her in. I think she said "I've taken it before" while signing her forms... honestly I'm hoping karma works against her in the end.

crad

Newcomer
Aug 18, 2017
Yeah, the test monitors were asking people to remove essentially any "loose" outer layers of clothing. Luckily I was wearing a favorite comfy plaid button-up that's a borderline sweatshirt, but since it was buttoned up they must have looked at it as more of a dress shirt. I would have been irked if I had to take the test in just a t-shirt, and they had taken away my thunder blanket :p

We also had a girl roll in literally like 90 seconds before start time, but they still let her in. I think she said "I've taken it before" while signing her forms... honestly I'm hoping karma works against her in the end.
The girl that was suppose to take it the same time as me didn't bother showing up. The proctor was pissed and so was I. We all worked hard to get these test invites... how do you just not show up!?

randoturbo33

Rookie
Sep 19, 2017
The girl that was suppose to take it the same time as me didn't bother showing up. The proctor was pissed and so was I. We all worked hard to get these test invites... how do you just not show up!?
It happens way more than you'd like to believe. For every two or three of us who's actively posting here and counting the days between every step, there's one person who thinks controllers are the guys with the lighted wands and just applied on a whim, and who will just stop pursuing it as soon as it becomes inconvenient. Let's face it, the requirements to qualify to take the ATSA are pretty low. Maybe the FAA should start taking our StuckMic post count into consideration when giving out TOLs.

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Why in the heck do you or the procter care? One Less person you're competing against

crad

Newcomer
Aug 18, 2017
Why in the heck do you or the procter care? One Less person you're competing against
I was more so annoyed that I had to wait around for this girl just so they can give me the instructions. Not sure why the proctor was pissed... if anything it made her life easier. But then again, all the workers in the Psi building seemed to be miserable and in a bad mood.

CaptCrunch

Newcomer
Sep 7, 2018
I was more so annoyed that I had to wait around for this girl just so they can give me the instructions. Not sure why the proctor was pissed... if anything it made her life easier. But then again, all the workers in the Psi building seemed to be miserable and in a bad mood.
Same deal in Orlando, does seem like a pretty boring job though.

ShadFields10

Newcomer
Oct 25, 2016
My test date is november 19.... my thing is that I was reffered, but didnt receive a TOL . Refferal last for 3 years. However you can retake it and shoot for a better score. But if you score lower, it sticks. Should I bother taking it again?

randoturbo33

Rookie
Sep 19, 2017
My test date is november 19.... my thing is that I was reffered, but didnt receive a TOL . Refferal last for 3 years. However you can retake it and shoot for a better score. But if you score lower, it sticks. Should I bother taking it again?
Yes. Your score last time wasn't good enough to get a TOL, so it's unlikely that it'll be good enough this time either. Best bet is to take it again and hope for a higher score.

randoturbo33

Rookie
Sep 19, 2017
Seems like several people over on pointsixtyfive have had their status updated to Referred on Aviator. Might be worth checking if you applied to this bid.