njeezy08

Rookie
Sep 21, 2017
Referred for pool 2.

This is the second time I'll be on the referred list and hopefully the last

calebmt

Newcomer
Oct 6, 2018
Are people already getting referred for the July 2018 ATSA? I thought it was 90 days after the closing of exams, which the last test was on Nov. 30th? Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!

njeezy08

Rookie
Sep 21, 2017
Did you retake?
Yeah and I did MUCH better this time around, at least it felt like I did. Dont understand anyone who decided to just roll with their scores from the previous bid if they didnt get an offer letter... doesnt make sense

JAR1

Newcomer
Jun 29, 2018
Are people already getting referred for the July 2018 ATSA? I thought it was 90 days after the closing of exams, which the last test was on Nov. 30th? Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!
Believe it or not yes. It does usually take 90 days as told by your ATSA test proctor, but I took my ATSA November 17th, went on USAJOBS jobs today and saw I have been referred. Crazy how quickly I got notified and believe me I’m as surprised as you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calebmt

Newcomer
Oct 6, 2018
Believe it or not yes. It does usually take 90 days as told by your ATSA test proctor, but I took my ATSA November 17th, went on USAJOBS jobs today and saw I have been referred. Crazy how quickly I got notified and believe me I

Nice! Good job! I actually just checked as well after seeing all of the posts and I'm referred too! I took my test back in Oct. and have been thinking about it non-stop. Thanks for the response. I guess we are waiting for TOL's now!

Ahaseg

Newcomer
Nov 29, 2017
Referred! Hopefully I get a TOL this year! Good luck and congrats to everyone that has been referred

JAR1

Newcomer
Jun 29, 2018
Believe it or not yes. It does usually take 90 days as told by your ATSA test proctor, but I took my ATSA November 17th, went on USAJOBS jobs today and saw I have been referred. Crazy how quickly I got notified and believe me I

Nice! Good job! I actually just checked as well after seeing all of the posts and I'm referred too! I took my test back in Oct. and have been thinking about it non-stop. Thanks for the response. I guess we are waiting for TOL's now!
Thank you!! You too! TOL’s are all I think about now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steiner19

Newcomer
Jan 11, 2017
Does everyone who go referred online say “A referral list for Pool 2 was issued. Your application is among those being reviewed. Please continue to check back for status updates.”?

Obviously I’m pool 2 but I was checking to see if everyone’s says your application is being reviewed?

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Does everyone who go referred online say “A referral list for Pool 2 was issued. Your application is among those being reviewed. Please continue to check back for status updates.”?

Obviously I’m pool 2 but I was checking to see if everyone’s says your application is being reviewed?
Yes it literally says the same thing for everyone referred... Either pool one or pool two.

JennyAndTheJets

Newcomer
Feb 15, 2013
Referred for pool 2 also. First time taking the ATSA but third or fourth time applying. I'm going to read around on here and try to find out more info but what is the timeframe people have gotten TOLs or not in the past?

KTreu42

Newcomer
Jun 28, 2018
Woo, referred!!

Edit: Can anyone explain how the next couple of steps work? I see some saying they did not get a Temporary Offer Letter (I had to ask my buddy what TOL meant) after being referred - why would that be?

Will we be told when/where to get the psych and physical evals done when we get the TOL, or does that happen beforehand? Thanks!

jayrod

Rookie
Jan 2, 2018
Woo, referred!!

Edit: Can anyone explain how the next couple of steps work? I see some saying they did not get a Temporary Offer Letter (I had to ask my buddy what TOL meant) after being referred - why would that be?

Will we be told when/where to get the psych and physical evals done when we get the TOL, or does that happen beforehand? Thanks!
Tentative* Offer Letter. Just because you were referred does not necessarily mean you will receive a TOL. The FAA decides on how many applicants they plan to higher (all based on need and budget). From that number, they will send out TOL's to a certain percentage from each Pool. Does that make sense?

Being referred essentially shows you scored high enough on the ATSA to be taken into consideration when sending out offer letters.

IF you do receive a TOL... You most likely will not receive a TOL until late January to early February.

Once you receive a TOL, then begins the medical process, background check, security clearance, and all that good stuff. The medical takes the longest.

Hope this helps.

KTreu42

Newcomer
Jun 28, 2018
Tentative* Offer Letter. Just because you were referred does not necessarily mean you will receive a TOL. The FAA decides on how many applicants they plan to higher (all based on need and budget). From that number, they will send out TOL's to a certain percentage from each Pool. Does that make sense?

Being referred essentially shows you scored high enough on the ATSA to be taken into consideration when sending out offer letters.

IF you do receive a TOL... You most likely will not receive a TOL until late January to early February.

Once you receive a TOL, then begins the medical process, background check, security clearance, and all that good stuff. The medical takes the longest.

Hope this helps.
That's what I was looking for, yes. I was guessing that there was still one last legitimate hurdle. However, others, including my friend in the business, have said you take care of the physical and psych evals before the TOL, which would make sense - they probably want to make sure you're fit for the position before an offer is extended, yeah? I was wondering if we should be looking for any emails to have that stuff set up or not.

Gatt0825

Newcomer
Oct 1, 2018
No, you get the TOL then do your medical and security clearance. Then, if you pass those you get your FOL(firm offer letter). There is nothing to do until you get your TOL.