July 27th 2018 OTS Bid Announcement

Jennahainey

Newcomer
Dec 8, 2018
Everyone check your USAJOBS; apparently some people who have received a referral have changed to not referred. If this happen to you, call HR right away.

AndrewM32

Newcomer
Dec 12, 2018
For some reason, the site would not let me post on my old account so I had to make a new one. This is my second year applying. The first year I was referred to Pool 2 with no TOL. This year I was referred to Pool 1.

boots

Jan 6, 2017
For some reason, the site would not let me post on my old account so I had to make a new one. This is my second year applying. The first year I was referred to Pool 2 with no TOL. This year I was referred to Pool 1.
What's changed this year? Did you finish CTI school?

JAR1

Newcomer
Jun 29, 2018
Everyone check your USAJOBS; apparently some people who have received a referral have changed to not referred. If this happen to you, call HR right away.
All clear here. Breathe a sigh of relief

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tncnews

Rookie
Dec 28, 2017
According to a post on Point65, only 2400 people passed the ATSA this time around for pools 1 and 2 combined. Seems like a relatively low number. Anyone have any idea how many they plan to hire from this bid?

kshaky

Newcomer
Oct 26, 2018
1400 is a number being thrown around. This comes from a document the FAA publishes for Congress for planning and reporting purposes. This number is meant for all bids not just OTS. If they hire for attrition I'd expect them to get pretty close to that number.

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Really? I'd expect less than half. FAA would much rather Hite prior experience where they likely don't have to attend the Academy and already have the background knowledge. Plus the rumored Jan 2019 OTS bid means this bid won't be open long and certainly won't do the majority of the hiring for the year.

Wsurocks12

Newcomer
Oct 14, 2017
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Was told by a center controller that the next bid will be Jan. 11-15. I would still apply even tho you may feel confident about this current bid. [/FONT]

njeezy08

Rookie
Sep 21, 2017
Potentially you might have needed to score in the 85-90%+ range in order to get a TOL this bid. Really am curious why they are pushing for another Jan bid so fast. It could mean not enough people scored above 79%

kshaky

Newcomer
Oct 26, 2018
Someone on .65 claimed they they only hired around 700 last year and didn't meet their number of 1700 . . .

Wsurocks12

Newcomer
Oct 14, 2017
I asked a couple controllers at the Indy Center and they said a lot of them are pulling double shifts because of how understaffed they are. With the FAA gaining more of a budget for FY2019, I think they are gonna try and hire as many as they can who are qualified. Especially since Fox interviewed the head guy there asking why qualified people arent getting it, but unqualfied people are. (Diversity reasons) So he took out the BQ this time around;
hints the delay of this bid start.

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Nobody is pulling double shifts. 60 hours per week is the maximum that controllers can work. Six ten hour days.

zacharyajohnson

Newcomer
Dec 18, 2018
Random question but after referral for pool one, if we’re lucky to get a TOL, does anybody know in which way you’ll receiver it i.e. snail-mail, email, usajobs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk