July 27th 2018 OTS Bid Announcement

JayTango

Feb 21, 2016
Yeah I was confident walking out, as confident as I could be, I know I aced every section but the final math problem combo map section, and after a couple rounds of that I just gave up on doing the math until I had done the map section, I figured the map was way more important then some math problems and if I had time I could do those after.

Has anyone received their confirmation email? I'll just quote it here:

"We will notify you via email when we receive your documents. If you do not receive a receipt confirmation email within 5 days, please contact Aviation Careers to confirm receipt."

I'm not sure if they mean within 5 calendar days or 5 business days, and not sure how the government shutdown / holidays would delay these responses. I'm just nervous because I'm currently travelling out of the country so I'm not 100% sure how things are going with my emails.
Someone on .65 said they got an automated reply saying they are not at work because the shutdown, not exactly but along those lines.

Also, wtf is going on with these weird spam posts?

njeezy08

Rookie
Sep 21, 2017
Someone on .65 said they got an automated reply saying they are not at work because the shutdown, not exactly but along those lines.

Also, wtf is going on with these weird spam posts?
That was me. I just sent in the documents today and that's what I got back was the automated message.

BMEL

Newcomer
Dec 24, 2018
That was me. I just sent in the documents today and that's what I got back was the automated message.
Weird, I sent in the documents like 10 hours before the shutdown, didn't get any response at all, likely I was too early for the automated response and too late for them to actually look at it. Maybe I'll just shoot HR a message to make sure, at least that way I have a timestamp showing that I tried to contact them if something did get messed up.

Ryedw19

Newcomer
Dec 19, 2018
So has anyone received a TOL since the gov shutdown or should we expect to be waiting until the gov shutdown is resolved?

Mullins757

Newcomer
Feb 2, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
I received a TOL April 2018... Completed everything except the Tier 2 psych exam. Its been months since I've had any real movement with my file. I've called and emailed and all they say is "Tier 2 Psych Exams are behind". Anyone else in this boat?

Ceedubya

Rookie
Jan 23, 2018
Texas
I received a TOL April 2018... Completed everything except the Tier 2 psych exam. Its been months since I've had any real movement with my file. I've called and emailed and all they say is "Tier 2 Psych Exams are behind". Anyone else in this boat?
You’re going to be in that boat for a while.

sam19ny

Newcomer
Mar 13, 2013
Long Island, NY
Got my TOL on the 21st. Submitted my info same day. Waiting for confirmation email.

I also applied for the NY TRACON post. No clue what's going on with that.

Fresca44

Newcomer
Dec 13, 2018
Got my TOL on the 21st. Submitted my info same day. Waiting for confirmation email.

I also applied for the NY TRACON post. No clue what's going on with that.
Same, got TOL on 21st of December and submitted info same day. No response. Followed up yesterday per 5-day follow up (well aware of the government shut down but for paper trail purposes) and got the automated message about nobody there in the office because of lack of funds.

Didn’t apply for NY TRACON though.

Regardless, sounds like this shutdown is going to go into the beginning of 2019.

BMEL

Newcomer
Dec 24, 2018
So what exactly is the process then? Like I know there's a medical exam, psych exam, and drug test, as well as a background check. But how did they go about having you do that? I guess I'm just asking how the process went? Like what did the medical exam entail, how did they go about scheduling, how far did you have to travel, those kinds of things.

I'm just curious because I have to wait until the government starts up again which means I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs until then.

Also why does there seem to be so many people that need a Tier 2 psych exam? I saw online on another forum that its surprisingly common, considering how the majority of people aren't psychopaths...

capitán_rojo

Newcomer
Dec 23, 2018
PHX, AZ
EKG, vision and hearing, general health exam and go over your reported history with you
I believe the psychological exam is the MMPI-2. You will have an in-person interview if your results raise any flags.

I can't speak to the background check (SF-86 form?) or how the overall process goes with travel. I'm sure it's been discussed on here before.

LTB11

Rookie
May 9, 2018
Still no TOL for me. But then again, I was on the tail end of test invites as well so we'll see.

JAR1

Newcomer
Jun 29, 2018
Just wait till the 7th and/or end of government shutdown. I’m doing so so I don’t lose sleep over it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk